Chapter Fourteen

*Hadrian Potter*

After Padfoot opened the doors to a brightly lit room and hesitated at the door unsure about entering because I knew that it was mine and was a little afraid I was dreaming. The room was bigger than Dursleys house only it wasn't cold and dark it felt warm and welcoming and safe. The walls were painted a dark forest green with a woodland background with animal shadows and the ceiling was painted like the night sky I could tell it was charmed by how the star constellations seemed to shine. Stepping further into the room I noticed the crib that was sitting in front of the window and a large bed sitting up on a platform that separated it from the rest of the room the further I walked into the room the more surprises I found. I saw two closed doors when I opened them I found a closet and a bathroom.

"Ry," Hermione's voice broke me out of my thoughts and I looked up to see her and Ron standing in the doorway. "What's going on in that head of yours?"

"And don't say nothing, mate," Ron said as they walked over to me, and I slumped into myself, unsure how to answer them.

"Everything is starting to set in," I said, moving over to the only shelf in the bedroom, grabbing the stag plushie sitting in the middle, hugging it to my chest, and turning back to look at them. "Everything that had happened and learning that none of it should have happened. I should have had a family that loved me from day one, not one that hated me for what I was. All the pain could have been avoided and it wasn't because of that bastard."

"So what do you want to do?" Mione asked.

"I want the pain to stop," I said. "For everyone."

"Well," Ron said. "We're already going to be putting a stop to Umbridge before she causes damage. Dumbledore we need to go slowly and not tip him off what we know yet."

"We will do all of this and make a plan for it but first we need to clear Padfoots name," Mione said. "Then we will deal with all of that."

"Amelia Bones," I said. "I remember she's head of magical law. If we go to her we might be able to convince her to give Padfoot a trial before someone sees him and just kills him on the spot."

"Who are you three plotting to kill?" Fred asked as he and George popped up beside Ron.

"No one," Ron grumbled.

"Yet," I grinned and Fred laughed. "Where's Padfoot and Moony?"

"Kitchen," George said.

"Lupin," Fred started.

"Made."

"Dinner."

"So."

"We."

"Were."

"Sent."

"To get."

"You three," they both finished.

"That shit is still creepy as fuck," I said as I set the stag back on the shelf and grabbed Mione's wrist before pulling her with me out of the room and down the hall and all that could be heard was our laughter as we slid to a stop in the kitchen.

"Having fun Pup?" Moony asked and I smiled.

"Just a friendly race," I said as Mione and I walked over to the table to take our seats as Ron, Fred, and George ran into the kitchen.

"Not fair mate," Ron panted and glared at me but I could see the laughter in his eyes. "Races to dinner are only for school."

"That was never a rule," I grinned before noticing that both, Tom and Snape were sitting at the table.

"Gryffindors," Snape muttered and I rolled my eyes as I heard his relaxed tone.

"Ignore them, Professor Snape," Mione said. "Ron and Harry placed a bet that whoever makes it to the dinner table first had to do both of their chores. This has been going on since the middle of first year."

"A simple wager where only feeling gets hurt," Tom said. "Almost like a Slytherin."

"Well, technically," I said. "If I had gone with the sorting hats first decision I should have been in Slytherin but I didn't have the best first impression so I asked to be placed in Gryffindor."

"Snake in lion skin," Ron smirked and I glared at him. "Oh come on mate, out of all of us you are the most cunning and have been able to trick everyone about anything you want."

"And yet I still go with stupid suicidal plans," I said.

"Sweet Merlin," I heard Snape mutter and I turned to see him looking at me extremely pale.

"Okay," Mione said. "Enough bantering we need to devise a plan to clear Sirius's name."

"We will handle that," Moony said. "You kids have enough to go over..."

"Two birds on stone," Ron said, and everyone looked at him. "It's going to be revealed at some point so why not now."

"Giant fuck you?" I asked with a grin and Ron nodded. "Plans made then."

"What plan?" Tom asked.

"Don't worry about it," I said standing up. "I'm going to unpack."

"Pup," Moony and Padfoot said as I ran out of the dining room and back to my room to unpack my stuff before exploring some of the manor.