Chapter 66: Into the Deep

Start from the beginning

He was covered in photos of Robin, Nami, and I. They were ranging from times we fought to having a fun photo session. I guess Chopper was having him do immersion therapy. He was sort of working, but it was awkward being on some of the photos.

"You held it! Good job!" Usopp praised the cook.

"It was thanks to all the photos, and Nami wearing a coat." Chopper deduced.

"Something's coming from behind!" Franky announced. He had a mini hand protruding from his larger hand, holding a pair of binoculars.

"Moo!" The sea cow from earlier was heard. Followed by distant shouts of 'Brother'. That must be their temporary leader until they pick up the trash.

"Coribou! Guys! You came back to save me, huh?" He was crying tears of relief. I didn't realize how terrified this guy was of the kraken. Pathetic.

Well the man's joy was short-lived. The kraken, seeing the oncoming vessel, wrapped one of its large tendrils around its protective bubble. Wasting no time, it squeezed the ship, breaking it in half as the bubble popped.

"The coating popped!"

"That ship was even bigger than Sunny!" Chopper adds.

Freed from its shackles, the sea cow swam off. The rest of the crew drifted in the vast water.

"Oh, guys." The man cried for his lost crew. More likely his lost escape, but who knows maybe he was close to his brother?

All his men wore matching white tops, and they were all rather round in appearance. They were all floating up towards the sun's rays that were reaching to this depth.

"They look like a school of jellyfish." Zoro states.

"Shut up, Roronoa! Cut it out!" The prisoner snapped.

"It's coming!" Usopp warns as the kraken started to swim our direction with us in his sight.

"It's too big!" Chopper says.

"How can we fight against it?!" Nami questions.

Luffy and Zoro were preparing to launch some attacks before Usopp tackled them, warning them once again about the bubble.

A tentacle was coming our direction. Using quick thinking, Franky pulled one of the levers on the helm. "Chicken Voyage!" He shouted.

The lion mane on the figurehead spun rapidly, allowing the ship to zip out of the current path of attack.

"Can we get away from it!" Nami panicked.

"Don't do anything! I'll beat it!" Luffy declared.

"No! You're going to pop the bubble!" Chopper jumped up on the arm Luffy was about to swing.

"Listen! If you want to fight against it that much, here is an idea!" Our captive spoke.

"What is it? Tell me?" Luffy set his sights on the man.

Soon enough Luffy was equipped with the Flutter Kick Coating. Basically it was a mobile bubble that was body-sized. Zoro, Sanji, and I soon donned the same bubble barrier to join.

"Stay away from the ship!" Nami and Usopp added.

"Okay, let's go!" Luffy announced.

"Mmhm," I nod as Zoro and Sanji verbally agree.

We started running before we passed the Sunny's coating barrier. Soon our feet were doing a running motion through the water as we glided forward.

"You guys! Draw his attention for me!" Luffy asks. "I'm gonna beat him with one strong blow!"