First Day at the Academy

You have to be six or seven years old to attend the Ninja Academy in Konoha. You graduate at like 11 or 12, but I got kicked out when I was 12. However, I still got my forehead protector.. haha.

I'd like to tell you guys a little story about my first day at the Academy. Mind you, this is my first time meeting Kiba, Akamaru, Hinata, Sakura, etc. Ready for it? Here I go.
______________________________
25 years ago...

"Nariko, Sasuke, are you two ready to learn how to become ninja?", my mother asked softly as she was walking us to the Academy.

Sasuke didn't have any family to take him, though like I mentioned before I didn't know why until I got older. The Hokage took care of Sasuke by giving him his own apartment, something I was jealous of at the time because I wanted to live on my own.

"Yes, ma'am", he replied quietly.

"Yes, mama", I replied back.

"Good!" She pushed us forward to the entrance of the academy. There was a man who would later introduce himself as Iruka standing there, letting students inside; he had a scar on the bridge of his nose and had hair that looked like a pineapple.

"Good morning, guys", he greeted as he smiled at Sasuke and I. We greeted him back, only difference was that I was regretting my whole choice about that day and Sasuke just didn't care. "Don't worry. You guys will have a great year here. I promise."

"Aww, you hear that? You two are going to be just fine." My mother patted our heads and smiled softly at the man. "They're pretty close friends. I'd like for them both to meet other people though."

I kept telling my mom that I had a friend besides Sasuke, but didn't tell her his name. At the time, no one really liked him and thought he was a disgrace.

The man nodded, gesturing for us both to walk in, and that's what we did. We walked in down the hallway to our classroom, something that didn't take long for us to figure out.

~*~

Sasuke and I walked in the classroom, only to see many kids have already filled the seats; the room was silent when we walked in though. I noticed this one kid who had red marks on his cheeks and a dog on his head.. weird. There was another kid who was slightly overweight; next to him was a kid who's hair looked like a pineapple, similar to the man I saw a few minutes ago. A girl with pink hair, another girl with blonde, and another with weird eyes.. could she have been blind?

"Let's sit over here", the raven haired boy walked over to a desk at the back corner of the class, taking a seat.

I followed him and took a seat, then looking around only to notice the girls staring at my friend. "..Uh. Why are they staring at you?", I whispered.

He shrugged, looking away out the window at the trees, ignoring the girls. Not every girl was staring though.. the girl who looked blind was facing forward with her head down.

A few seconds later, a blonde boy walked in with a bright smile on his face. "Hiya, everybody!!" When he said that, no one said anything but looked at him.

"..Sit down, kid", the boy with red marks on his cheeks said with a smirk, causing everyone to laugh except for me, Sasuke, the ravenette, the boy who's hair looked like a pineapple, and the overweight boy.

The boy groaned, then noticed that I was in the room. "Oh, it's you!", he exclaimed before running over. "Can I sit down?"

"Sure." I shrugged and smiled a little at him, assuring him that I was a nice person. He was my friend. After seeing people treating him wrong on the streets and then seeing him get treated badly in school (err, at least at the moment), I had to be nice to him.