Chapter 43 Turning point

Start from the beginning

Shen Yang was silent for a moment and said, "Then I advise you not to mention Miss Su again in the future. If Miss Cousin accidentally overhears you, be careful that the Young Master will sew up your mouth."

*

Before leaving, Shen Yang took advantage of Cui Muli's breakfast time to talk about the relationship between Sun Shenyuan and Xie Miao.

From Sun Shenyuan's family background and studies, to his acquaintance and love with Cui Xining, to Xie Miao's unexpected friendship with Sun Qiaogu, introducing her to the Shuxiang Paper Workshop to learn skills, to the time when the Sun family's grandmother was seriously ill and asked for help with the old red ginseng. For this reason, Sun Shenyuan was with her in her capacity as a benefactor. The two brother and sister invited her to a teahouse...

No matter how big or small the matter is, it was reported in detail.

After speaking, Shen Yang made a summary without authorization, "After Miss Cousin and the Second Miss met at night a few days ago, the Second Miss prepared a lot of medicinal materials and sent them to the Sun family in the name of Miss Cousin. In the opinion of this subordinate, Miss Cousin should know about the relationship between Young Master Sun and the Second Young Lady, and deliberately concealed it for them."

The subtext is, don't worry, Miss Cousin has no personal relationship with that Sun Shenyuan.

The spoon in Cui Muli's hand touched the edge of the bowl and made a very light sound, "She set up a paper mill outside?"

"No." Shen Yang went into detail about Fang Zhiruo.

After hearing this, Cui Muli said thoughtfully: "She is contrary to what one might expect."

She is a well-behaved boudoir lady, but her temperament changed drastically after a fall. She did everything unexpectedly, but no one could find fault with anything.

She could even stab a wild wolf with a dagger. He was really curious, was there anything she couldn't do?

*

Xie Miao sprained her ankle and originally wanted to take this opportunity to go to Qingxin Temple to recuperate for a while, but was rejected ruthlessly by Madam Xie.

"Either you run to Qingxin Temple or to the paper mill. I think you have a wild and itchy mind and you need to be put in order!" Madam Xie said.

Xie Miao gave up the idea and stayed in Haihua Yuan to copy scriptures.

A few days later, Cui Xining stumbled in. Without even breathing, the first thing she did was to send the servant away.

Seeing this, Xie Miao counted the days and figured out that there should be news from Sun Shenyuan.

Sure enough, as soon as the door closed, Cui Xining couldn't help but hold her hand. Her eyes shining brightly, "A-Miao, Shen Lang, he – Shen Lang, he - has met a noble person!"

"Oh?" Xie Miao pulled her to sit down and poured her a cup of scented tea, "Tell me, what's going on?"

Cui Xining took a sip of tea, calmed down, and said quickly: "According to what you said, Shen Lang, he went to Niutou Mountain before dawn these days. There was a wild boar disaster there, and everyone around him moved away. Shen Lang wandered around there for five days without noticing the least bit of activity. Until yesterday at youshi, he heard a cry for help from a distance at the foot of the mountain! Shen Lang followed the sound and found an old man with white hair stuck in the swamp and he would have died later. Shen Lang tried his best to save him and asked him his name, and where he lived. But the old man was confused and couldn't remember things, so Shen Lang had to take him home. He fed him and changed his clothes, and then after tidying up, he went to Jingzhao Mansion to report to the official. Unexpectedly, he happened to meet the old man's family who were looking for him——" (t/n: youshi is from 5pm to 7pm)