Finale: Part 2

"I think of it as God's other miracle,"

"God was really kind to you that day,"

"Kind my ass, didn't you listen to what he did to me before that?"

"I didn't think you were so pessimistic,"

So, I started telling Mr. Jesus the story of my after-death.

Once again, I woke up in the same hospital bed as before. At first, I thought I was in heaven, everything was white around me. "Then I thought, it's impossible, I belong to hell, how can God make a mistake?" Mr. Jesus laughed at this. 

"But when I realized where I was," I said clenching my teeth, "You won't believe it but I was so so so pissed!"

"Hm, truly a pessimistic," he taunted.

"Shut up,"

I could still sense that day. It was the worst, the worst I've ever felt. It took me quite a time to get a hold of the situation. The light was piercing my eyes, just like needles. I didn't know why but I was crying like a five-year-old, bawling my eyes out, I felt as if I'd lost something so precious to me. Those pipe thingy and medical instruments were attached to my body just like before but more in quantity this time. I couldn't move myself. IVs in my hand, oxygen pipe on my nose. The sound of the monitor. Beep, beep, beep, beep....

"I was constantly looking for Joshua," I said more solemnly. My heart was sinking deeper and deeper as the memories of that day kept flooding. "My phone and gun were destroyed in the fire, but what left me shocked was what the doctor told me afterward,"

Mr. Jesus looked at me and let out a small, "Why?"

"I had fallen into a coma due to a severe lack of oxygen. When I was brought to the hospital, I was in a pretty bad state and stayed in a coma for almost six months. A lot had changed within that interval,"

I kept on telling him how people started calling it the famous cathedral fire incident. Many houses including the church were destroyed because of earthquakes and volcano explosions. One of them was mine. The very next day, the news of the cult spread like wildfire throughout the city. Everyone knew about those sacrifices and their black deeds. 

Though my goal was finished, it cost me a lot.

To save itself, the police department told everyone in a press conference that it was a pre-planned operation to catch the cult leader. And an officer shot the priest accidentally while trying to save himself. They explained the fire in the church was caused by lightning falling on a gas cylinder. Seriously, a little kid can make a better excuse than this.

They hid my name. Because I always act recklessly. Also, I was nowhere to be found in the church that day. Well, it was nothing new for me. My questions were solely focused on one person. 

I kept asking the doctor about Joshua, where was he? How was he? I was perturbed about him. My mind was getting restless. He didn't know at first who I was talking about. But after searching on his patient's list and when I gave him some details of that day, he recalled immediately. He remembered that an unconscious sedated patient was brought in an ambulance, and the staff told him that someone had saved him in time. If it had been a little too late, his chances of survival would have been almost nil.