Chapter 64: Can You Even Pay?

Start from the beginning

Nearly half a year of studying had completely convinced Tatsuma of Mito's earlier evaluation of Jiraiya. Compared to Mito, Jiraiya's proficiency in Sealing Jutsu was indeed quite ordinary.

Jiraiya only taught Tatsuma and Minato how to draw Sealing Jutsu formulas and the practical aspects of using them in combat – the how and when of deploying Sealing Jutsu. It was more practical in nature.

But Mito was different. She, in a comprehensive manner, poured down knowledge from a higher perspective, covering the origin, distances, structure, variations, decomposition, and merging of different Sealing Jutsu, showering Tatsuma and the others with wisdom.

Learning with Jiraiya, one can only master one Sealing Jutsu after another. However, studying with Mito allows understanding how to create a Sealing Jutsu and applying knowledge of existing Sealing Jutsu to deduce and learn new ones.

With the blessings of the Special Talents "Ninjutsu Development" and "Sealing (Kushina Uzumaki Limited Edition)," Tatsuma's progress in learning Sealing Jutsu is very smooth.

Taking advantage of these strengths, he also gained a lot from Kushina, and in the matter of learning Sealing Jutsu, Kushina is willing to bet with Tatsuma. Perhaps it's the dignity of the Uzumaki Clan's bloodline that makes Kushina unwilling to admit that her talent is inferior to Tatsuma's.

Approaching noon, Mito watched Tatsuma, who has completely grasped today's content and is already helping the other three with what they didn't understand. While appreciating thsi scene. At the same time, she felt a sense of regret.

This regret stemed from the fact that Tatsuma is not ultimately an Uzumaki by name. Otherwise, with the Sealing Jutsu talent he has demonstrated in the past six months, he would surely be able to learn all the Sealing Jutsu of the Uzumaki Clan.

Unfortunately, Tatsuma, lacking the Uzumaki bloodline, was unable to master the Uzumaki Clan's most central and powerful Sealing Jutsus.

As Mito listened carefully to Tatsuma's explanations to prevent any mistakes that might mislead others, an excited shout from Tsunade came from outside the door.

"Grandma! Grandma! I did it!"

The discussion inside the room came to a halt as everyone curiously looked towards the door. Mito stood up and said, "Continue with your discussion."

Then, she walked out of the house, and Tsunade's voice gradually faded away until it disappeared.

Tatsuma's attention shifted for a moment, but under the urging of the impatient Kushina, he quickly refocused and helped Kushina, who recently suddenly joined their Sealing Jutsu study group.

It wasn't until the afternoon that Mito and Tsunade returned. By that time, Tatsuma and the others were extremely hungry. They had finished breakfast at five in the morning, engaged in morning exercises afterward, and then spent the morning learning Sealing Jutsu. This level of activity was quite draining for them during their developmental phase.

However, this is Senju territory. Tatsuma and Minato are hesitant to ask the hosts. Kushina is digesting the Sealing Jutsu she learned today, while Nawaki, with his low social status, dares not speak up.

When the two returned, a glimmer appeared in Tatsuma's eyes. 'Can we finally have lunch?'

Tsunade walked into the room with an exuberant air and said to everyone, "Let's go! I'll treat you all to barbecue! Granny, why don't you come along?"

Mito shook her head and said, "You young folks go ahead, I'll stay here."

"Alright, then I'll bring back some sweets for you."

Tsunade paid no mind to Mito's refusal, and Tatsuma, Minato, and Kushina happily rose to their feet. Though they'll have to wait a bit for the barbecue, it's worth it.

Only Nawaki hesitated and said, "Sis, do you have any money to pay?"

Suddenly, the atmosphere became tense. Tsunade looked at Nawaki, but he quickly waved his hands and said, "You've borrowed all my pocket money and the rest I've lost it all to Minato and Tatsuma."

Tsunade shifted her gaze away and looked at Kushina. Kushina shook her head and said, "I'm in the same situation."

"In that case, Tatsuma, Minato, it's on you to cover the bill!"

Tsunade waved her hand dramatically but noticed that Tatsuma and Minato both looked awkward. Tatsuma cleared his throat and said, "Tsunade sensei, Minato and I haven't been on missions for a few months. We used that money to pay rent."

There was another moment of silence. The enthusiasm on Tsunade's face disappeared, replaced by a pleading look. She turned to Mito, who seemed to have anticipated this, and said, "Grandma~ Can I borrow some money~"

----

Check out my Patreon for more advanced chapters up to 50 at patreon.com/HellGolt