7. The Office

Freddie

What have I done?

It's Monday morning and I'm dreading running into Daisy.

Usually this dread is because once I sleep with a woman, the last thing I want is to see them again but with Daisy, this dread is something different. It's a feeling I've never had before, it's the fear that once I see her it'll confirm what I've been thinking about all weekend but didn't want to admit.

One night wasn't enough. I want her again.

I hated the way I just walked out but I didn't know what else to do. She was clearly upset and wanted me to leave, I wanted to give her that space. She was done with me. It worked for her, one night with me was enough for her. 

She was done with me.

I push down the bitter taste that thought leaves in my mouth.

I wanted to be honest with Daisy, she asked who I normally go for and I told her the truth. I missed out the part that, in my experience, it's the women who are younger than me that tend to get the most clingy.

But Daisy isn't clingy.

Do I want her to be? Am I disappointed she isn't?

No. No, of course not.

I check my phone.

Nothing.

"Hey, what's up?" Piper jumps into the space next to me in the sofa. The rest of the guys are standing at the sound desk, discussing what kind of FX to use in Jacks's guitar solo.

"Nothing" I shrug off.

"Oh come on. I know you get bored during this" she waves her hand at the musicians in front of us, "But you're not usually miserable"

Do I look miserable?

"Hey, you're one to talk about miserable" I change the subject, "With all your moping about because Finn has been away"

"Yeah, well...that's different. I have a reason to be a little out of sorts. What's your excuse?"

"When is Finn back, anyways?" I dodge her question again. I'm also dreading seeing Finn, as if he'll be able to tell what happened just by looking at me.

Would Daisy tell him?

"His flight gets in this afternoon" she says, a big smile appearing on her face.

Maybe I'll go out. I don't need to be there, right? I can probably convince the guys to head out too. I can use the excuse of giving Piper and Finn some privacy.

The rest of the day goes by slowly. I leave for a coffee run mid-afternoon and Morgan, the barista across the road is now heavily flirting with me. I play along a little but something feels off.

Despite my dread I hope I bump into Daisy but she must be busy in her office.

I need to remind myself to stay away from her. I got what I wanted. There's no need to bother her anymore.