𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝓞𝓷𝓮

Clarisse and Florence were welcomed back to half blood hill with all the grace and glory they deserved. Percy, Annabeth, Grover and Tyson arrived with Chiron and a pack of centaurs not long after.

The moment Clarisse draped the Golden Fleece over the lowest bough, the moonlight seemed to brighten, turning from gray to liquid silver. A cool breeze rustled in the branches and rippled through the grass, all the way into the valley. Everything came into sharper focus – the glow of the fireflies down in the woods, the smell of the strawberry fields, the sound of the waves on the beach.

Gradually, the needles on the pine tree started turning from brown to green. Everybody cheered. It was happening slowly, but there could be no doubt – the Fleece's magic was seeping into the tree, filling it with new power and expelling the poison.

Chiron ordered a twenty-four/seven guard duty on the hilltop, at least until he could find an appropriate monster to protect the Fleece. He said he'd place an ad in Olympus Weekly right away

In the meantime Clarisse and Florence were carried on their respective siblings' shoulders all the way down to their amphitheater where they were honored with laurel wreaths and a lot of celebrating around the campfire. Florence hugged her siblings tightly, each of them after they set her down.

The camp couldn't acknowledge Percy, Annabeth or Tysons assistance without expelling them and so they made sure to make extra fuss over Clarisse and Florence whilst ignoring the others completely.

Florence basked in the attention, everyone was recognizing what a great warrior she was. Even her mother.

After they had burnt the burial shrouds made for them in their absence before the arts and crafts building had burned to the ground from an attack by a Draco Aionius. Clarisse's was blood red with her father's symbol embroidered in the center. Florence's was made with excellent craftsmanship, a light pink with her mother's dove embroidered. It was a shame to watch it burn.

"Even more of a shame not to bury you along with it." Florence tells Clarisse, but with a playful tone not a hateful one.

"Gods, I hate you." Clarisse playfully punched her arm without any real force.

"No you don't sweetheart." Florence smiles.

Clarisse just rolls her eyes.

Just after the last of the shroud had turned to ashes a pink glow surrounded Florence for a moment. There were gasps all around her.

"What in the name of..." Clarisse trailed off, completely shocked, she looked Florence up and down.

Florence looked down and noticed she was no longer wearing her dirty quest attire. She was wearing a gorgeous dress she most certainly did not own. It was a beautiful white sleeveless gown with a low v neck with a skirt that went down to her ankles. Delicate gold armbands circled her biceps, a dainty gold necklace hung from her neck. She felt beautiful in a way she had only felt once before, when her mother claimed me.

"I need a mirror." She announced, wanting to confirm whether or not her suspicions were correct.

Her siblings pulled out a small personalized compact mirror each. She picked up Drew's mirror and a grin broke out from her face as she stared back at her reflection. Her hair which had been frizzy after the fight with the cyclops and the saltwater was now perfect; lush and long and chocolate brown, braided with gold ribbons down one side so it fell across her shoulder. Her bare face was now subtly perfected with makeup, soft ripe cherry red lips, flushed cheeks, long dark eyelashes that brought out her eyes.

"But it's impossible..." She breathed looking at her reflection, she must be dreaming.

"Aphrodite's blessing." Her sister, Cindy Chang, said as the others looked up at her in awe.