𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷

Florence tried to keep herself busy. She poured all of her energy into her training but no matter how tired she was, how sore her muscles felt the moment her head hit the pillow her dreams consumed her. Her new dreams began to melt into her old ones. Blood on the carpet. Percy and Annabeth falling. Agonizing screams. Bodies scattered through Manhattan, dead or asleep? Expensive porcelain Plates. Stone statues in varying states of agony. She didn't know what was worse, the nightmares or waking up and lying awake wondering if they were just dreams or if they held that bit of truth all demigod dreams did.

When she woke up the next morning she was called to Chiron's office. All the way to the big house she could hear people whispering about Poseidon and Zeus. When she reached the centaur he confirmed what she feared.

"Word has spread of the conflict between Zeus and Poseidon." He told her. "You were the only person still in camp who knew."

"It wasn't me, Chiron. I swear." Florence told him and he nodded after a moment.

"I believe in you." Chiron said. "But that doesn't change the fact that now the campers know, they'll start to take sides like their parents already are and that can turn very nasty very quickly."

"And what are you asking of me?" Florence said.

"Neutrality." Chiron replies.

"I can't promise you that." Florence acted as if the disappointment on his face didn't hurt. "If I must, I'll fight alongside Poseidon. Percy didn't steal the master bolt."

"Well, stay neutral for as long as you can. We need to buy Annabeth, Grover and Percy time." Chiron told her.

"That I can do." Florence said.

꒰🕊꒱

The first fight broke out mid morning.

A disagreement after what was supposed to be a friendly volleyball match between cabins 5 and 6 turned sour very fast.

Florence who had been in Arts and Crafts was the first one at the scene. She saw one of the Ares boys on the ground with a son of Athena. Clarisse La Rue had a sword in hand as she traded insults with Malcolm Pace. Half the other campers were already in the first stages of a fight.

"Stop!" She yelled her words full of power. She breathed in sharply as they all came to a halt.

"Now, everyone, drop your weapons. Mark, would you do me a favor and get away from Andy." She said and they obeyed. "Lovely, now would the two of you follow me to the big house and the rest of you stay put."

Her siblings were beginning to arrive after her.

"Make sure they don't start fighting." She told them. "Use whatever means necessary."

She began walking towards the Big House. Mark and Andy dutifully behind her. She pushed the two of them into Chiron's office, where the centaur frowned seeing the state the boys were in.

"Well, would you two wait outside for a moment. I need to have a word with Florence."

The two of them walked out in silence.

"What happened?" Chiron asked her, his expression worried.

"A fight broke out. Ares and Athena. At the volleyball court. Most of them already had weapons in hand but I brought Mark and Andy in because they started it." Florence explained. "I used charmspeak to get them to stop and I left my cabin making sure no more fights will break out but I don't know for how long they can keep it up

"This is worse than I thought." Chiron said. "I didn't think it would start so soon. Well, let them in. If you see anything else use your charmspeak and bring them to me. You did the right thing, now off you go."