𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻

Florence had to admit she was a lover of routine. It was easy. She woke up everyday, got ready and then headed for breakfast with her siblings. They'd chat over croissants and fruit. Then they'd head for the first lesson of the day: Ancient greek. Florence taught one of the more advanced classes and her siblings would separate into their respective classes.

After that on mondays, wednesdays and fridays they'd head for Valentina Diaz's spanish lesson and on tuesdays and thursdays Theo guided them through italian. Carrie used to teach them Brazilian Portuguese as well, but that was one position Florence couldn't replace. She had gotten quite good at it but nowhere near good enough to teach someone else. As children of Aphrodite they were naturally fluent in French but were also prone to other romance languages and could master them without a lot of difficulty.

After lunch they would dedicate themselves to their outdoor activities. Lennon kept teaching them swordsmanship and Florence taught dagger wielding and knife throwing which were her specialty. The worst part was close combat training where she would often have to endure Clarisse's presence.

On one particular afternoon they were paired up for wrestling matches and as the two head counselors Florence and Clarisse were immediately paired together. Florence looked like she wanted to die and Clarisse looked like she wanted to commit homicide. Great, Florence thought.

They began fighting. They threw punches left and right but Florence wasn't able to land a single good hit.

"I'm sure you can hit me if you try hard enough, I believe in you." Clarisse taunted and Florence rolled her eyes and only replied by throwing more punches, progressively more aggressive.

Clarisse didn't waste any more time with small talk. She immediately lunged forward and tackled Florence to the ground. Clarisse had the advantage of pure strength but that didn't intimidate Florence much. Clarisse wasn't really trying that hard, she thought Florence was helpless and that it would be an easy fight. She didn't know what was going to hit her.

"If you wanted me on top of you so badly you could've just said so." Clarisse teased and Florence huffed.

If Florence wasn't able to counter attack in ten seconds Clarisse would win. Florence began counting in her head.

One. She stayed completely still. Two. She moved her left leg just slightly. Three. She looked at Clarisse, the expression on her face one of complete innocence. Four. She moved her right hand away from her body. Five. Clarisse grinned, clearly tasting victory. Six. Clarisse let her guard down just slightly. Seven.

That's when Florence attacked.

She put all her strength into getting Clarisse off her, in a very, very unladylike way. She scrambled to her feet and so did Clarisse. They were both standing again, Clarisse still a bit stunned. She threw the first punch. Florence ducked, throwing a few hits of her own and this time landing every single one. They were at each other's throats, the fight very competitive. Florence was making Clarisse sweat, her breath was uneven.

"You're getting tired, sweetheart. Want me to slow down for you?" Florence teased. Oh, the look on La Rue's face was priceless, now she was tired and angry.

That's when Florence found yet another opening, she used it to her advantage. She attacked quickly and soon Clarisse was on the ground, flat on her back hands pinned to the ground with Florence straddling her.

"I think I prefer being on top actually." It was Florence's turn to taunt.

One of the sons of Ares blew a whistle signaling the end of the fight.

Florence smirked down at Clarisse before getting off her.

"Always a pleasure beating you."

꒰🕊꒱