Chapter 2

Colton

My wolf is thrashing wildly in my chest as I descend the grand stone staircase of Silver Lake elementary school. He has been wild since I found that deliciously beautiful little human on her way in for an interview and I have no idea why. Sure she was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen with her red hair catching the bright sunlight, creating a burning halo of burned copper around her head.

Her body was small, probably around 5'2-5'3, and a bit too skinny for my usual taste. But despite her overall skinny build her breasts were surprisingly voluptuous and her hips were round and the perfect size to hold onto as I pound into her from behind.

I shake my head, trying to shut down my spiraling thoughts, but to no avail.

Because if I thought her body was perfect, I was blown away the second time when my eyes landed on her heart shaped face. Smooth pale skin dotted with hundreds of small freckles, most of which was focused on her small pert nose and high cheekbones.

Her lips were full, pouty, light pink and slightly parted as her gaze took me in. And as she gazed on me with those slightly parted lips my head produced way too many pictures of what she would look like on her knees, in front of me, with my cock stuffed between them.

But her eyes were her most enchanting feature. Large, green and framed by long, black painted eyelashes and so expressive as she gazed upon me with innocence and lust. Fucking perfect was what she was, but still a human. There is no question about that. And still my wolf is reacting like he might go crazy unless we hold her again.

Never in my life have I needed to fight so hard for control as I did that first time my hand touched hers. He wanted to bend her over the railing and take her right then and there, to claim her as our own! He didn't care that we were outside the entrance of an elementary school full of children.

Nor did he care about the fact that she is human. I know that wolves are impetuous and driven by instinct, which often carry over to our human side, but to fuck in front of a school full of children is a bit too impulsive if you ask me.

I sigh as I step out of the school and make my way towards my car. I need to get back to the pack house and when Ashley Simmons has left the town after her interview I need to let my wolf out for a run. Then I have to make sure she is the one to get the position.

I stop with my hand on the door as the realization that my wolf wants to mark her and claim her as only ours finally hits me. I can get with the fucking her sensless part, but to mark her? I can't mark a human. I'm a fucking alpha for fucks sake. Who knows what would happen if I did? The most likely outcome is disastrous and would leave this world a bleak place to live. But still...

I send the building a last glance before I get in my car and pull out of the parking lot.

Usually I feel happy and at peace after a visit to the schools, hospital or retirement home. The visits strengthen our bonds in the pack and heighten trust they have for me as their alpha.

The way I lead my pack differs a lot from the way my father, the previous alpha, handled things. He ruled with iron claws and members of the pack lived in fear of repercussions even for small missteps and mistakes. Instead I have chosen to focus on trust, expectations and bonding. The closeness to my pack, my people, is something I believe has a high value and importance for a pack to function smoothly and ensure pure loyalty, instead of the fear induced loyalty my father held.

With the way our pack and town is flourishing now it's hard to imagine that it only has been eighteen years since I killed him and took the place as alpha. Eighteen years since he brutally killed my mother and several other pack members for trying to stop him from raping and killing a young female and kill the human she had bonded to.