OXYGEN'S THE SIDE CHIC

ONE WEEK LATER:

"Okay, this one is to alleviate the stress from the recent test you all bombed."

The entire class groaned as Mr. Herald said that.

Not one of his lame jokes, again.

"A neutron walks into a bar and asks for a drink," 

The bartender says, "For you? No charge!"

"Sirrr I've heard that before!" Alex, who's the most excited about jokes and stuff, shouted and the class couldn't help but roar again.

"Don't be a halogen, Alex. Don't always react negatively to my jokes!"

Okay, this was something else. Our organic chemistry teacher is so full of surprises every time!

"Listen, children, I know you've been distracted this week because of the Sports practice." He regained his serious posture.

"Now that it's over, I want all of you to divert your minds to studies. You all are seniors, remember that."

We nodded our heads before thanking him and he left.

After only one period, I feel close to passing out. With just 12 students in attendance, I regret coming today.

I had no choice but to come to return a book I'd borrowed from the Library long ago.

Just as I was about to take my phone out to text the girls to say they did a good thing being absent today, I heard our Foreign Language teacher, Ms. Penelope calling the Applied Math teacher.

"They're requesting to go home, Mr. Sang. Should we send them off?"

"Once a student enters the premises, we cannot send them home, even if it's just one. Mrs. Lane would solely be against it."

Mr. Sang told her and we were confused about what they were speaking of.

Suddenly, she entered our room and called for the Class President. She asked Rosalyn if we had English and Applied Math in our schedule today, to which the latter answered in the affirmative.

"Alright, send the three students here. This way, they won't get to sit idle all day long."

Everyone was annoyed as to why she had to shift other students to our room.

"Vera, would you mind if I sit with you today? I don't want that fucker to pick on me again."

Richard stated glancing at Aaron and I nodded my head because I knew Aaron was a creepy ass jerk.

A terrible jerk who can't stand Tristan for God knows why.

Almost every boy in our class happens to hate him though. That's because they envy him- so much that I'm quite relieved he's not in the same class this year.

Richard, about to come with his backpack, stopped when the entire class started to murmur looking out.

I followed their stare; making my heart skip a beat.

The three students to be shifted were none other than-

ETHAN, BENJAMIN, AND DAVE FROM E-COM!

Annoyance was etched on their faces because I think they wanted to go home.

But the moment my eyes met Dave's, the blue in his eyes simmered, his lips curling into something I couldn't get hold of.