SOMEONE'S AFTER ME TRISTAN

But the thing he said next, made the ground under my feet slip away....

"YOUR PROPORTIONS ARE CRAZY, VERA. HOW ABOUT YOU LET ME EXPLORE THEM?"

...

I gripped the edge of my dress, heart pounding a frantic rhythm against my ribs. Something was unsettling, a darkness in his eyes that sent shivers down my spine.

My mind raced, replaying his words, the riddles he'd been telling, trying to anticipate his next move. I could feel his predatory gaze burning into me...shattering me and my consciousness...

But I tried to act poised. I didn't want to let the fear dawn on my face.

"Dave, I don't think you're in your true state of mind. Do you have any idea what you told me just now? This is verbal abuse!" My voice trembled toward the end.

"You're making me lose my sanity every passing day. Isn't that abuse too, baby?"

I feel like I have no control over this...I've never been in a situation like this before...

I've never been in a situation like this before

What do I do? I wish I could hide.

I attempted to rationalize the situation, thinking that the wine had influenced his behavior and that he wouldn't have acted on his own.

"The coke's here. Who wanted it?" Just then Ethan or whatever the name was, came and looked at Dave and me. Back and forth.

Why was he so keen on making me drink something? No way I was gonna do that. A drink from him at that!

He took the glass and a stirrer from the tray and stirred the drink making a scraping sound, but his eyes were on me. "Vera." Just as he said that my eyes were transfixed on the glass, on the stirrer to be precise.

I couldn't look at him. This is happening again! I could hear the scraping sound again as he moved the metal through the drink, almost as if in a rhythm.

-----------------

DAVE'S POV:-

"What is it that you fear with all your might?" I asked slowly looking at her while my hand continued to stir.

"Losing my mother." She said, her unconscious eyes fixated on the stirrer, unknown of what I was doing to her.

"What would you do if you lose your mother?" I moved my hands again.

"I would die with her."

Okay. I didn't expect this.

Tilting my head in amusement I clanked the glass with the stirrer for once. Her body jerked but is still unconscious. I resumed stirring again, this time at a much slower pace..

"Vera. What you are terrified of is not your mother dying... You fear me.. I make you anxious.." I enunciated the charming words slowly as if to put every single word into her subconscious.