Chapter 16: Breakdown

Subhans POV

"Wow, that man is a bastard." Taha exclaimed after I finished narrating him the whole story.

He just came back from a 3 week business trip and was at my office now.

"Yeah, and it's all because of me." I sighed, rolling the paper weight between my fingers.

"It's all in the past now."

"I can't get it off my head you know. I can only imagine the things he has done to her when they were married and it makes my blood boil."

"We can't change what has happened, but you can put in efforts. Rectify your mistakes, show it in your actions and make her yours." He advised.

"And grovel. Women love men who grovel." He winked.

"Haan tujhe bada pata hai ladkiyon ke baare me." I said rolling my eyes.
(As if you know a lot about girls)

"What ? I read it somewhere." He said with a sly smile.

After a moment of silence he asked,

"So you love her ?"

"Well--" I was cut off as my brother barged in the room.

"What have I said about knocking when I am in a meeting ?"

"Meeting with Taha bhai ? Mujhe pata hai bada koi meeting chal raha hoga aapka." He ignored, and took a seat beside Taha.
(I know the kind of meetings you both have)

"Tera bhai pagal hogaya hai, usk--"
(Your brother has gone mad)

"Bhai pagal ho gaye hai isliye meeting bulane ki kya zarurath thi ? Mujhe toh already pata hai." He said nonchalantly.
(You had a meeting to discuss that bhai has gone mad ? I knew it before)

I threw the paper weight towards him which he ducked, and smirked.

"Anwyays, why did you grace us with your presence ?" Taha asked him.

"Oh yeah. I just came to remind bhai that we have a meeting over lunch with the Rao & Rao Co. so we need to leave now."

"Why have you come for that, where is the intern that Firoz hired ?" I asked glancing at him.

"I sent her home, poor girl was tired bhai. Just because Firoz is on leave, you can't make her do all the work. She is new." He said winking.

It's highly possible that he flirted with her and just to look good in front of her he sent her home.

I shook my head at him, and Taha just laughed.

"Fine, let's leave then." I said taking the necessary files and handed it to Sahil.

"I am not carrying that. I am the COO not your assistand." He whined.

"All thanks to you that I do not have an assistant at the moment, so you'll have to do." I gave him a sympatheic smile patting his back.

"Call Firoz. He is just getting married, it's not the end of the world."

"No, he is on leave and I am not disturbing him. Let's get moving now." I said, taking my blazer from the chair.

"Should I come along ?" Taha asked.

Since he worked for 3 weeks straight, his father ordered him to relax, but here is is.

"Fine."

"Sahil, take that file and get your lazy ass moving." I said and walked ahead along with Taha, and was shortly followed by a very grumpy Sahil.