Chapter 9: Surprise

I thought of today's 'events' as i lay in bed. I knew he could not have dinner alone, which was why I waited up for him. I know I shouldn't have, but I don't know why he still has this effect on me. Something inside me goes haywire every time he is around me, every time he looks at me. I probably shouldn't indulge in these thoughts, its going to mess with my head, I thought and shut my eyes.

**

I woke up a little earlier to make breakfast for these guys, I saw sara and erum still sleeping. Sara must have been tired with all the pestering she did with me last night about Wajdaan and my divorce. I told her bits and pieces as I didn't want to traumatise the poor girl.

I went in the kitchen after freshening up and took out everything I needed to make breakfast. I settled for paneer chilly and chapathi. I loved cooking. As I was rolling chapathis I heard a voice behind me. It was Subhan in case you are wondering.

"Sara, yeh kya dekh raha hoon mein. You in the kitchen ?" He gasped dramatically. He mistook me for his sister as I was wearing her clothes. I turned around to face him and my mouth hung open. He was shirtless. My insides were screaming at me to look away, but I couldn't. Such solid body he had.

"Oh, it's you. I thought sara." He said scratching his eyes and passing me a lazy smile. My heart skipped a beat. Traitor. God, I hope I don't rekindle my old feelings. I don't want to be insulted, and feel unwanted all over again.

"And why are you doing this, hato mein kar deta hoon." He said coming over to me but all I did was stare at him.

"What ?" He narrowed his brows at me.

I didn't say anything and pointed to his chest. He looked down and his cheeks and ears turned pink. Is he blushing ?

"Oh, sorry. I will be back in 5. You stop." He ordered and left.

I continued my work and was done by the time he came back. This time, with a tshirt on. Thank god.

"You are stubborn." He shook his head at me and came forward to get the plates.

"You go now. I'll set the breakfast table." He said again.

I left the kitchen without another word and I heard him sigh. I wanted to stay as far as I could from him.
__________________________________________

After breakfast, I informed sara & samiya that I was going home. A thousand tears and few hugs later, we were done.

We stepped down the stairs with erum holding my hand and the sisters behind me. I saw the brothers in some deep discussion and stopped when they saw us.

"Going ?" Sahil came forward and gave me a hug.

"Yes." I replied hugging him back.

"Okay, see you soon." He said kissing the side of my head.

"Of course." I broke the hug, he bent down to say bye to erum.

"Accha, toh jaati hoon mein." I said looking at Subhan now.

"Jaldi hai kya." He muttered.

"Dhadke jiya." Samiya sang.

"Woh kyu bhala." Sara continued. Okay, so this is what we are doing now.

"Khud se hi darne lagiii hoon." Sahil said in a high pitched voice which earned him a giggle from my daughter.

They all looked at me as to not break the rhythm. There was no way I was going to sing it.

"No." I gave them a blank look.

They blowed raspberries, booed me and called me a party pooper. Whatever.