Chapter 11: Slaps and Plans

My hands were on my sides not knowing what to do with them. Do I hug him back ? Or do I just pat his head ?

He is not a puppy that you will pat his head Aayra. Get a grip, my inner voice said.

Shut up, I replied back.

Also, why is he crying ? He broke my heart, not the other way around. I rolled my eyes at that.

"Okay, let's get you washed up." I said slightly pushing me off me. I made him stand up and asked him to wash his face again.

He looked presentable after washing his face, so I took a step forward to get out of his space. But he caught my wrist and turned me around so that I was facing him and said,

"I am sorry chanda, please forgive me. I have been a jerk to you. Nothing, absolutely nothing can justify what I did to you because I had no right, no right to hurt you, break your heart the way I did."

I just stared at his eyes, those eyes that gave me sleepless nights. Those eyes that I fell in love with. Those pretty, captivating, amber eyes. But today, as I see them eyes, all I could feel was anger. I fisted my hands on my sides.

"I am sorry chanda, please forgive me. I know I don't deserve a chance, but without you, I am nothing. You don't know how have I spent the past years, yearning and pining for you. I..I know I shouldn't have done what I did. Please give me a chance."

Was this man for real ? Yearning and pining ? A chance ?

I lost it the moment he said those things and slapped him right across his face. Hard. With all the strength I had. I shocked myself with my action, but oh well.

"Yearning ? Pining ? Do you even know what it means ? Do YOU know how I lived all these years that I spent without you ? Do you know how I lived thinking that I was not good enough for you ? Do you know how I just barely...lived ?" My voice cracked at the end, but I composed myself. I can't fall weak again.

"No, you—" I started again but got cut off when the door opened and boy entered but I stopped him where he was and shouted a get out. Poor guy got scared and scurried off. Reminder: say sorry if I see him on my way out.

I tilted my head to turn to look at man in question who didn't utter a single word, and just palmed his face where I slapped him.

"You don't know anything. So you don't come around barging in my life and say sorry. It doesn't cut what you did. It might be a harmless prank, it might be a silly thing, if I was not in love with you. But for me, it was enough. Enough to break my heart, because I was in love with you." I took a breath.

"So, you Mr. Subhan Mohammed, Don't. Deserve. A. Chance." I said poking at his chest with every single word.

With that I left him alone, with his thoughts.
_________________________________________

The morning today was complete madness. Elyan wouldn't shut up singing, and Waj was dancing to whatever nonsense he was singing and my daughter had a gala time. The house was filled with my daughter's laugh, and full of life.

We served the boys and erum breakfast, I had some ready to serve pancakes and parathas. So that's what they got.

Me and elyana quickly got ready as we had to go to college to complete my resignation formalities.

Erum said that she will stay with her uncles so we left them at that. I knew the house is going to be complete mess by the time we come home.

Faris drove us to the college.

"Are you okay ?" Faris asked focusing on the road.