Chapter 13: Face off with the Past

"Please let's go Marine Drive." I said to the lot, but nobody gave me any attention.

"There is nothing to see there." Elyan said in a bored tone.

We were strolling through the streets of Mumbai, I always wanted to come here. The City of Dreams, and wow. It is so beautiful.

"Mumbai aake, marine drive nahi dekha, toh kya dekha." I whined again.
(If you don't go marine drive coming to Mumbai, then have you seen anything at all ?)

"Mein le chalu apko ?" Subhan asked, with an amused smile on his face. Is he making fun of me?
(Shall I take you ?)

"Nahi, thank you." I huffed and went ahead, leaving them behind. I was not worried about erum as she was with Ehana.

Oh wow, pretty book stalls. I made my way towards it. So many books.

I got AGGGTM series and A million kisses in a lifetime. I wanted them from so long, now that I am going back home, I will have plenty of time to read. Cheers to that.

I looked behind me to see I had lost them. Shit. Faris is going to be so angry. He doesn't like it when we go wandering around in new places. It is very dangerous, he says. And rightly so.

I took out my phone to call him, when a hand pulled me into a lane. I recognised the touch almost immediately, a shiver ran through my spine, and not in a good way. My phone and books fell out of my hands.

"Finally, caught you." Wajdaan, my ex -good for nothing- husband spoke.

What the hell was he doing here ? Was he stalking me ?

"What a-are you doi-ng her-e ?" I hissed, trying to get out of his hold.

"I am here to see you, wifey." I squirmed under his gaze, all my senses knocking out of me.

He brought his face closer to me, and I turned my face away.

"Please, leave me. What do you want from me ? I have nothing more to give you." I begged, tears falling on my face.

"Now now, don't cry. You know I hate it when you cry." He came closer and wiped a tear with his index finger. I closed my eyes due to his proximity.

"Please leave me alone." I tried again, but he didn't. Am I going to die here ? Nobody even knows where I came, they won't be able to find me. What about erum ? Who will take care of her ? Ya Allah, please don't let me die.

"I will, once you give me my daughter." His duaghter ? He has to kidding me.

"Which daughter ? The one that you didn't want ?" I spat.

"I was not sure if it was mine, but now that I have seen those eyes, there is no two way about it." He said, evoking emotions in me which I thought were dead.

"Stop. You know it was all a lie that you yourself spun." I said, my voice shaking.

"You are no saint Aayra, and you know it better. Don't make me angry, or else you know the consequences." He said in a dangerously low voice.

I knew the consequences, I knew how the consequences felt. I will never forget.

"Y-you can't do anything. I am not your wife anymore." My voice quavered.

"You are not, but look around darling. There is no one here." He said, and put his dirty lips on my neck.

"Please, no. Stop."

"I love it when you beg for me to stop. It makes me want to do it more." He said, sucking on my neck.

I tried to push him away from me, but he was strong.