Fuck my life

(Micah)

“So, tell me, is there anyone I should avoid?” I asked Arlo, who grinned at me.

“Me, but I'll beat my brothers up if they try to bully you.” He puffed his chicken chest out, trying to appear manly but failing miserably. I laughed out loud at his gimmicks, which made him laugh as well.

“You're brothers are giants compared to you. You're what 5'4?” I asked. He narrowed his eyes at me as if he were offended. But then, he looked down and released a long sigh.

“I'm 5'5, and you're just an inch taller than I am as far as I can see, so go jump in a hole or something.” He pouted, making me roll my eyes.

“I can defend myself against anyone, I'm not a wimp and definitely not an omega. I may be a wolf without a rank, but my mouth alone will send anyone running for the hills.” I have a tendency to run my mouth off to bullies before, back at my school it had landed me in a lot of trouble. I wasn't one to back down. What you see is what you get.

“You don't have a rank?” He asked, eyes widening as he looked at me like I was some sort of alien. I am not about to phone home, so he can take that judgmental look of his and…

“Arlo! Hey, Arlo over here!” I groaned when I was suddenly interrupted. My thoughts were becoming more interesting than my life, it seems.

I turned and saw a boy running towards us. Once he was in front of us, he was breathing hard as if he had just run a marathon. Damn weak ass human.

“Shilo, what can I do for you this time?” I looked at Arlo, who seems a bit irritated. Did he not like this Shilo person? If not, then I guess he was going on my hate list.

'Already feeling protective of Arlo?' Seff asked, I scoffed, making it seem as if that was the most ridiculous thing he had ever said.

'It's true, you haven't left the boy's side, and now it's lunchtime. You're basically joined to the hips already!' I decided that it was time to shove Seff to the deepest corner of my mind. He was getting rather annoying. Sue me.

“Um, I just wanted to know if you would like to sit with me at lunch. I could get you something as well.” Shilo started shuffling his feet while blushing. He was staring at the ground, too embarrassed to even look anyone in the eyes.

“Maybe another time, I was going to sit with Micah since he's new.” Arlo replied, Shilo nodded his head and hurriedly walked away from us. I could have sworn I heard a sob coming from him.

“He likes you.” I said to Arlo, who started to fake vomit.

“I know, but he's not my mate, and I don't want to lead him on. Plus, I'm twelve years old. Why the hell would I want to be with anyone now?” I shrugged my shoulders until something else clicked, and I narrowed my eyes at him.

“Wait, you're one of those goody too shoes that's waiting for your mate? The annoying type?” I asked, Arlo chuckled while nodding his head.

“I guess I am. Does it bother you?” I gave him a look of disbelief when he asked me that.

“Bother me? Heck yes! I hate when people say they are waiting for their mates. That's why I don't want a mate, it's rather annoying. I would like to experiment, you know? Make out and all before I'm tied down to one person for the rest of my life.” Arlo scoffed, as if he didn't like my idea.

“That's your belief, I guess, but it's stupid.” He did not just say my idea was stupid.

“Your mama.” I replied. He stopped walking and gave me a confused look. The innocence in his eyes had me biting my tongue so hard that I almost drew blood.

“My mama, what?” He asked, I shook my head and waved him off. Once he started walking again, I breathed a sigh of relief that I didn't have to explain that part.

I can't believe I'm stuck with him and his wanting my mate bullshit.

I guess the goddess hated me. It's what I can think of for me to befriend an omega living in a dream world.

Fuck my life.