No other choice

(Landon)

The following morning, I decided to go for a run, I woke up at 4 am and couldn't go back to sleep, so I suggested it to Theo, and he was more than happy.

I don't normally let him out, but on occasions like this, he becomes so excited that he would tell me to hurry while panting really hard. Once I arrived outside, I shifted and took off.

Theo growled when he almost ran into a tree. He stopped and decided that it was payback time by peeing on it. I groaned when I realized that my wolf was silly.

We continued to run until the sun came up. By the time we got back to the pack house, I was extremely exhausted and didn't feel like going to school. Right as I was about to go take a shower, I was stopped by Samantha. She's always flirting with me, seeing as she can't get her claws on Jacob. I didn't mind, though, since I'm young and horny.

“Hey Landon, are you busy right now?” She asked as she started twirling her hair. I smirked and placed my hand on her hip, all the while Theo was pretending to vomit.

“I'm free. Is there anything I can do for you?” I asked. Theo gagged once again while mocking me.

'Anything I can do for you? I say, save it for your mate, asshole.' I blocked Theo since he somehow hated Samantha, and I couldn't deal with his whining right now.

“You could let me suck you off.” Wow, she's bold, I was about to reply when Alpha Jonathan walked over to us. Samantha scurried away like a scared little rabbit, but being the next beta, I held my ground and held my head high. I wasn't going to show him fear. That would only make me weak.

No matter if he's Jacob's father, who is basically like a father to me. I respected the man, yes, but every so often he just gets on my damn nerves.

“Landon, I want to talk to you.” He said, I nodded my head and waited for him to continue. He narrowed his eyes at me, probably from the disrespect, but that's his problem, not mine.

“I already spoke to your parents about training, in four years you'll be the next beta, so I expect great things from you. A beta should also learn to protect his pack, not lock away in the office, and do paperwork that no one knows nothing of.” I chuckled since that part was a bit funny. He smiled at me when he realized that I wasn't mad.

“Is it okay if I just skipped it? I'm sorry, Alpha, I just don't feel like beating up anyone.” He sighed and ran his hand through his salt and pepper hair. I could tell that something was bothering him, but he's someone who kept his secrets bottled up. He always looks out for Jacob, though, him and Jacob's mother. That's what I like about them the most.

“Sorry, son, but it's protocol.  Cale and Connor went through it, and now they are delta and gamma of the pack, waiting for you and Jacob to take over. They are nineteen years old and already taking their jobs seriously. So, please, why don't you just try? If it's not for you, then you can stop. I promise I won't stop you.” Could I do that? I nodded my head, agreeing with him. He breathed a sigh of relief that he didn't have to fight me on this.

“Good, now go get ready for school and for the love of everything holy stop flirting with Samantha!” He waved me off, making me chuckle.

I guess I had no other choice, but to do this. Even if I hated it.