Freckling Sunset

Taehyung had been to the Nova pack, a couple of times before when he was younger, but this time, felt a whole lot different for him.

They were going to Jungkook's pack to meet his friends from the training camp who would be arriving there for a stay according to what they had planned, and it pushed the dainty little Omega's nerves to the edge, thinking about all sorts of things, while sitting cross legged on the bed.

What kind of impression would he have on his Alpha friends, would they judge him? would he be able to act normally in front of Alpha Jeon? Will he end up embarrassing everyone? All these questions were driving him anxious.

He was exceptionally good at overthinking, for some reason, the Omega sighed.  

"Tae?" Jungkook's voice snapped him out of his internal panicking, and he turned to look at the Alpha who had just stepped out of the bathroom.

He was freshly showered, his dark hair dripping wet, dampening the plain white shirt he had on.

"I asked you for a towel," The Alpha repeated and purposely ruffled his drenched hair to cheekily sprinkle droplets of water on Taehyung, making the Omega giggle.

The younger reached for the towel near the cupboard, but the Alpha held him back by his wrist.

"Come here first." Jungkook spoke as he sat on the bed and gestured towards his lap, he knew there was something going on in the pretty Omega's head.

Taehyung retrieved the towel and instantly obliged, shyly straddling his legs onto the Alpha's, while he gently began wiping his dripping black locks with the towel in one hand.

"What's wrong, Tae." Jungkook softly asked, nuzzling in the crook of Taehyung's neck, as he calmingly rubbed the petite Omega's sides, it earned him a content sigh from the younger.

"Nothing, I'm just overthinking about stupid things." Taehyung spoke and smiled when the Alpha looked at him with a confused frown.

It was definitely stupid considering how just one look at the reassurance and concern in the Alpha's eyes instilled confidence in him again, he couldn't even put it in words how much the Alpha's support meant to him.

"Why stupid?" Jungkook asked, tilting his head like a puppy and the Omega just chuckled as he cupped his face, half focused on drying his hair.

"Because looking at your cute face just reminded me, how other things don't matter as long as I have you." The Omega lovingly beamed and his contagious smile brightened the Alpha's face too.

"That's absolutely right," Jungkook smiled kissing his button nose, "but I'm not cute, I am handsome." The Alpha complained in a muffled voice, settling back in Taehyung's sweet-smelling neck, as the Omega laughed and took the chance to properly wipe his head.

"Hmm, of course, you are." Taehyung hummed playfully, but gasped the next moment, when Jungkook started kissing and nipping at his skin all of a sudden.

"Kookie sit still!" The Omega scolded, as he entirely covered Jungkook's head with the towel, and thoroughly focused on his task of drying him.

Stopping only after he was done, the Omega lifted the towel to notice the adorable pout on the Alpha's face, making him laugh heartily at his antics.

"Here you go," Taehyung surprisingly pecked him on his pouty lips, instantly restoring the Alpha's happiness, "I love you," the Omega confessed once again, he figured this was something he would never get tired of saying out loud.

"I love you more." Jungkook whispered back and readily captured the Omega's soft lips once again, "mmh!" Taehyung let out a satisfied hum, as the Alpha pulled him closer by the waist, to deepen the slow kiss.

They leisurely rolled over the bed, giggling between the countless tender kisses, as the couple spent the entire afternoon cuddling and basking in each other's warmth.

They were happily and hopelessly in love.

After having lunch, they decided to get ready to leave pack Calyx before dawn.

Taehyung was busy packing a few necessities in his duffel bag, when there was a knock on the door and Hoseok and Jiwoo, including Geon Czar walked in.

They were all together going to leave for pack Nova, except for Hobi who was going to stay home, to keep them updated if anything was to happen.

They were paranoid, with the increasing rogue attacks and because of their experience during the last time, Hoseok promised that he would look after his parents and once they formulate a proper plan, he would re-join them.

There were still lingering question marks over an ample number of things and to uncover the dirty Omega trade and to bring down everyone involved was going to be a tough, risky task.

They had their priorities as honorable werewolves who refused to let darkness and ignorance overshadow them, they were strong, and it was their duty to protect the weak, and this is exactly what their mission would be.

After they were all set to leave, they headed towards the main packhouse.

Taehyung and his friends stalked across the lobby to find Seojoon, Aera as well as Alpha Hyungsik, having a discussion in the sitting area.

"Oh, are you already leaving?" Aera noticed them first and stood up to usher them inside.

"My baby, don't trouble Jungkook and Alpha Jeon too much, okay?" The Luna said playfully, kissing Taehyung's head as everyone laughed when the Omega whined, flustered.

"Ah, you can trouble them a little though, Junghoon himself will join in, I'm afraid." Seojoon remarked about his own childhood friend, and Jungkook very well knew how true that was.

"Don't worry, Luna, Taehyung is never a trouble for me, I'll take care of him." Jungkook said innocently, but he too was not spared when the others started hooting and snickering.

"Wow Alpha Jungkook, way to be rude, you'll only take care of Taehyung huh?" Jiwoo piped in teasingly.

"Yeah, I'm going to visit the Nova pack for the first time, but would you look at that." Geon added with a smirk.

"Ahh, we have to get used to this discrimination." Hoseok shook his head, relentlessly.

"That's not what I meant." Jungkook defended shyly, fiddling with his fingers.

"Don't pay attention to them Kookie, you just take care of me, okay?" Taehyung pulled the Alpha to his safe side, away from his teasing friends, and popped his tongue at them.

Seojoon and Aera just watched their children with adoration, they had more or less guessed that the bond between Taehyung and Jungkook was not ordinary friendship, and nothing could've made them happier.

"Don't miss me too much you guys." Taehyung said as he kissed his parents on their cheeks.

"Oh, we won't miss you, you're just going to pack Nova and it seems like this will happen often, since your 'friend' has returned." Seojoon blurted out and Taehyung blushed so profusely it was hard to stop their laughter, yet everyone controlled it when the Omega glared at them.

"That's true though." Jungkook suddenly replied with a bold smile, that made the already reddened Omega look in his direction in disbelief.

Everyone lost it at that.

_____♡_____

Author's note: A short filler before we get down to business.

Hope you liked this chapter, don't forget to vote and comment for Tae and Kookie. 💜