Cold Breeze

A week later of the chaos surrounding the attack and the Council investigation, Taehyung stood with a letter in hand, which was addressed to him and had come directly from the Central.

The letter informed that the son of the pack Alpha of the Cypress, Alpha Geon Czar, was duly going to arrive in two days' time, with his personal sentinel, to investigate what had 'actually' happened during the staged rogue attack, since he was dissatisfied with the Council report.

Jiwoo and Hoseok had already told Taehyung about everything regarding the conversation between Minho and Alpha Dojin and he didn't really understand as to why his older cousin hated him to the point of being disloyal to his own pack, he knew he was a male Omega and it was rare that people deemed his rank as likeable or even respectable, but he never did anything wrong to Minho, in fact it was always the Alpha who belittled him every now and then.

However, this time, Kim Minho had surpassed the limits of the Omega's patience and Taehyung decided that he was going to make the Alpha pay for it.

The mid-winter season in the Calyx pack was gearing up to lead the temperature of the forest towards its extremities.

The cold wind whistling by, made the last of the pale-yellow leaves flutter to their final breaking point, leaving the tall branches bare, as the leaves then joined its fallen counterparts, in a blanket of dry red and gold on the uneven ground.

Chimneys were visibly blowing out greyish smokes, pertaining to the fireplaces that were already running in full blaze to keep the homes cosy, as the dawn transcended into a chilly moonlit night.

Taehyung rubbed his palms together, while blowing puffs of warm air in them, as he walked slowly towards his father's office.

Kim Seojoon often tended to work for oblivious, long hours at a stretch, when left alone; a habit that was widely condemned by Tae's mother and for which Seojoon always apologized to his Luna, but yet remained unchanged.

The office door was left ajar, offering a peek of the Alpha of the Calyx drowned in paperwork, his forest green eyes squinted in concentration, behind golden framed spectacles, that were hanging loosely on the bridge of his nose.

Taehyung knocked thrice, while opening the door wider, as his father's attention snapped to his son's smiling face and he gestured him to come inside.

"Do you realize what time it is, dad?" Taehyung asked playfully, as he leaned with both elbows on the Oakwood desk.

"Ah, it looks like I'm in trouble, how did you teach me to make those puppy eyes in front of your Maa again?" Seojoon asked with a nervous chuckle, glancing at the wall clock on the left, beside their family portrait.

"Fortunately for us, Jiwoo has engaged Maa in a very lively conversation about her new gem stone collection, we're saved today." Taehyung laughed in reply, to which his father passed him a nod.

"I wanted to talk to you son." Seojoon suddenly spoke with a heavy sigh.

"What is it dad?" Taehyung asked, his voice edged with concern.

Seojoon didn't reply, only got up and gestured for Taehyung to sit on the chair instead.

The Omega silently followed, seating himself on the high leather chair, as his father kneeled in front of him, taking his soft small hands, in his big rough ones.

"I am sorry, Tae." Seojoon spoke, finally meeting his son's maroon eyes.

"Dad what are you saying, please don't." Taehyung spoke quickly, startled by his father's sudden apology.

"No, son, let me apologize to you, what happened that night, you shouldn't have gone through that." Seojoon spoke, his deep voice holding heavy guilt.

"Dad please, it's not your fault." Taehyung whispered, tears pooling in his eyes, he had just come to the realization of how broken his father was.

"Also, about the fact that I hid it from everyone, that it was you who bravely fought those rogues that night, please don't misunderstand, my Taehyungie, it is not because I'm ashamed of you, but I want to keep you safe, and I have just recently realized how ridiculous that is, it is just how Junghoon told me, I can't keep you hidden forever." Seojoon spoke with a dry chuckle, as he rested his head in Taehyung's lap, hands still intertwined together.

"I am sorry for being such a coward, Tae, but not anymore, I don't care if the world finds out about your abilities, we'll fight them together." Seojoon finally raised his teary eyes to look at Taehyung, who nodded while crying and jumped from the chair into his father's arms.

"You didn't need to give me any explanation, dad." Taehyung spoke, his voice muffled in the protective embrace of his father.

"I wanted to, Taehyung, your father has always got your back." Seojoon said, while he dropped a kiss on his son's forehead.

"I know." Taehyung broke the hug and smiled at his father, as they both wiped their tears.

"Let's go now, I also have to discuss about the surprise birthday party, your mom was talking about." Seojoon blurted and then gasped, while slapping his forehead in disappointment, as Taehyung giggled loudly.

"So, my sneaky parents, were planning my sixteenth birthday party, huh?" Taehyung asked in amusement.

"Please don't tell your mom I ruined the surprise." Seojoon requested, still shaking his head.

"Pack Alpha of the Calyx, who can't keep surprises a secret." Taehyung teased further, receiving a whine from his father to stop.

"Okay, I won't tell mom, but if we don't go back right now, we will have a two-hour lecture for dinner tonight." Taehyung stood up, and pulled his father along too.

"Hey, don't exaggerate, Tae." Seojoon chided, as they both walked out of the door with playful smiles on their faces.

"The lecture is always more than three hours." Seojoon added, which made both of them burst out laughing.

They walked back to their house, drowned in a lively conversation, looking forwards to Taehyung's sixteenth birthday party that was going to be held at midnight tomorrow.

Meanwhile, in the deepest and darkest parts of the forest, where the huge abandoned chambers and caves served as a stagnant dwelling for the corrupt kind, stood a throne made of carved bones.

The entire lightless premises was manifested with the rotting stink of death, decay and debauchery.

"That is good, that is very good." The man seated on the throne spoke with a smirk dripping with evil intentions.

"A powerful Alpha, requires an equally powerful mate, the Moon Goddess has blessed that Omega with the supernatural strength that matches mine, it is obvious that he will be my future Luna." The raspy voice pronounced, with a snicker.

_____♡_____

Author's note: Thank you for all the support to Sparks Fly <3

Taehyung's 16th birthday is going to be really special.
Next chapter is what you've all been waiting for. 😉

Don't forget to vote and comment for Tae and Kookie. 💜