page 17

I carefully selected and purchased adorable matching pajama pants for both of us, then meticulously folded them with precision before placing them elegantly into a beautifully wrapped present box. I included a heartfelt note inside the box, sealed with a vibrant red ribbon that bore the words "Open me" alongside a sweet little heart. The anticipation was building inside me as I knew deep down that tonight was the night everything would fall into place. Weeks ago, he had questioned my love for him, but now, without a doubt, I was certain that he held every piece of my heart within his grasp.

As I hastily put on my matching set and unplugged my lights, I eagerly waited by the door for Johnie to emerge from his room. A few moments later, he walked out with a charming grin on his face. "Hey beautiful," he greeted me, his eyes lingering on my pants. "Nice pants! Hmm, where have I seen those before?" I couldn't help but roll my eyes at his playful teasing. "Well, it's a surprise, but you'll have to wait for the big reveal," I replied, beaming as I opened the door and motioned for him to take a seat on the bed. "Close your eyes," I instructed, darting around the room to turn on all the lights and projectors before settling next to him on the bed. "You can open them now," I said, hiding my face in my knees in anticipation. Johnie's jaw dropped in amazement as he scanned the room. "Your room looks amazing," he marveled, his words causing me to blush slightly. "I thought we could watch a movie together," I suggested with a smile, the initial nervousness melting away as his face lit up. "Are you asking me out on a date?" Johnie chuckled, his eyes sparkled with delight. "Perhaps I am," I responded, meeting his gaze with certainty. "Well then, I would love to watch a movie with you, baby," he said, sealing the moment with warmth and laughter.