page 12

Johnies pov
Lilith was in excruciating pain, and usually, she would attempt to conceal it, but this time, the agony was too intense. She unleashed a piercing scream that echoed through the house, calling out for Jake. Frantic, I rushed out of the room and found Jake nonchalantly watching YouTube in his bedroom. Tears streaked down my face as I implored Jake to help her. Without hesitation, he sprang into action and darted to Lilith's room, only to discover her unconscious on the bed. "What's wrong? She's just sleeping," Jake remarked, his demeanor surprisingly composed.

As I narrated the situation to Jake, he attempted to awaken Lilith with gentle shakes, only to be met with an unexpected electric jolt when their hands touched. Shocked and bewildered, Jake exclaimed, "What the heck!" I climbed into the bed beside her, placing a trembling hand on her face, desperately urging her to awaken. Tears continued to flow down my cheeks as I repeated, "No, no, no. Wake up, what's happening?"

Jake interrupted my fervent pleas, suggesting that he knew what needed to be done. He focused intently on Lilith's face and mentioned involving someone we both hesitated to reach out to. Intense emotions played across his face as he said, "Johnie, we need to call him. He won't harm her." Although a sense of fear gripped me at the thought of involving Lilith's father in this crisis, I reluctantly acknowledged that Jake was right. The gravity of the situation demanded swift action, even if it meant involving someone from Lilith's past that we both feared.
Jake, with a determined expression on his face, decides to make his way downstairs, with Lucifer silently following behind him in the shadowed confines of the staircase. Feeling a surge of protectiveness, I firmly declare, "No, get out! You won't come near her." My hands remain gently placed on her face, a mixture of worry and resolve clear in my eyes. Despite Lucifer's assurances that he is there to help, a wave of doubt washes over me, knowing deep down that his intentions may not be as pure as he claims. As he takes a step closer and questions, "How do you know she's not just asleep?" Jake's hesitation is palpable, his hand hovering tentatively over her motionless form. A sudden shock courses through his body, causing a shiver to run down his spine, setting off a chain of events that would change everything.

Lucifer, nonchalant and aloof, chuckles softly before posing an ominous query, "Was she mad?" He then scans the room, his eyes roaming around as if searching for something only he can see. "Soon, she's going to have to make a choice," he cryptically remarks, his voice laced with a hint of warning. Jake, unsure of what to make of the situation, gazes down at the floor, a mix of fear and confusion clouding his features. Concern etched on his face, Lucifer's tone shifts to a more serious note as he discloses the gravity of the predicament, "I'm serious, Jake. If she doesn't pick a side, it might just tear her apart. Right now, she could potentially harness immense power as a demon, but the human side of her is struggling to cope with the dark forces at play."

Perplexed by this revelation, I interject, "Wait, so her demon is tearing her human apart?" Lucifer's response, tinged with mockery, stings, "Sorry, I forgot... human." He then proceeds to offer a piece of his enigmatic past, "She's my 6th child," seeking acknowledgment for the connection between them which I fail to understand the significance of at that moment. A lingering tension fills the air as Lucifer, in a display of dark humor, hints at the consequences of Jake's fortunate position, "You're lucky he's like my son-in-law, or I would have killed him a long time ago," leaving a palpable sense of unease hanging in the room.

Lucifer's hand hovers over her closed eyelids, emanating a soft white light that gently blankets her features, a sense of calm settling over her as though touched by an otherworldly force. "That should do it," Lucifer states confidently, his task seemingly complete. Lucifer turns to Jake with a sober expression, "I better get out of here before she wakes up," to which Jake solemnly nods in agreement, a shared understanding passing between them of the potential dangers that lie ahead. With a final glance towards the doorway, Lucifer makes his exit and disappears into the hallway, leaving behind a sense of foreboding and uncertainty in his wake. Jake follows him out, the weight of their encounter hanging heavy in the air, the unanswered questions swirling in my mind.