page 13

Liliths pov

As I groggily awakened in my soft bed, a throbbing headache nagged at my temples, urging me to open my eyes. Beside me lay Johnie, peaceful in his slumber, our foreheads gently touching, a silent connection that soothed my uneasy mind. My heart ached as I felt the weight of the night before settled between us, knowing that my actions had caused him distress. In the midst of the quiet morning, a sudden rapping at the door startled me from my daze, propelling me to my feet to face the unexpected visitor.

Yet as I caught sight of my reflection in the mirror, a sight that greeted me shattered the fragile serenity of the moment. A primal scream tore through the air as the realization hit me like a bolt of lightning – my once-blonde locks, so familiar, had transformed into a stark shade of jet black. And there, etched on my hip, a tattoo of three sixes intertwined in a sinister circle, a mark that seemed to mock the innocence I once held so dear.
In a whirlwind of events, Jake carelessly swung the door open, inadvertently striking me in the face, sending me crashing to the ground with a dull thud. Johnie, startled awake by the sudden chaos, sprang into action, enfolding me in a protective embrace, his concern palpable in the air. "Lily," he whispered urgently, seeking to comfort me, his voice a lifeline in the midst of the confusion that threatened to engulf us.

As I stood up and gazed into the reflected image in the mirror, baffled by the drastic change in my appearance, a sense of confusion and concern crept over me. "What the hell happened last night?" I muttered to myself, my fingers nervously combing through the newly darkened strands of my hair. Jake and Johnie shared a perplexed glance as my expletive-filled outburst echoed in the room. The realization of my hair being transformed to a jet black hue hit me like a ton of bricks, prompting me to impulsively shove Jake aside and rush to the bathroom, frantically attempting to scrub off the unanticipated tattoo that marred my skin.

The implications of the dark mark on my body weighed heavily on my mind, and I couldn't help but vocalize my distress. "Damn it," I cursed under my breath, the gravity of the situation sinking in. Jake's amused reaction to the tattoo, his excitement at the ominous symbol etched on my skin, only added to my anxiety. His taunting words about my inner demons gaining strength stung, as I vehemently denied any desire to succumb to the darkness that seemed to be looming over me.

Frustration and fear danced in my eyes as I tried to convey to Jake the depth of my inner turmoil. "You just don't understand, Jake," I expressed, my voice laden with emotion. With a heavy heart, I pulled at the elastic of my shorts, revealing the tattoo that served as a grim reminder of a path I refused to tread “satans six”. As Jake's expression shifted from amusement to bewilderment, my resolve solidified. "I refuse to become like him," I asserted firmly, the weight of my words hanging in the air as I retreated to the sanctuary of my bedroom, hoping to shield myself from the darkness that threatened to consume me.