Page 8

Johnies pov

"Spill it," I exclaimed, the urgency evident in my voice as I implored Jake to share what was happening. "That is the second time in the past 24 hours I've seen those lines under your eyes," Jake gives Lilith a puzzled look before turning to me with a promise to delve into the matter later, his tone dripping with sarcasm. "You know how Lilith and I grew up at the orphanage together," he acknowledged, hinting at a shared past that was about to unfold. Agreeing with Jake, I encouraged him to reveal more, prompting him to caution me not to freak out, but before Lilith could interject, I hushed her and insisted on hearing the truth. With a sweeping gesture, Jake revealed a shocking revelation – "We're not just old orphans," he stated with a hint of gravity, causing my mind to reel with the implications of his words. As he traced the intricate patterns on Lilith's face, he revealed the true nature of the lines - "They're not just lines, Johnny," Jake said, his words heavy with a truth that was difficult to believe. "There veins she's a demon, were both demons," Jake declared, unraveling a truth that shook the very foundation of my understanding. Unable to fully grasp the enormity of the confession, I chuckled nervously, trying to process the implications of such a revelation. And just when I thought the surprises were over, Jake dropped another bombshell – "Which brings me to my next point: you're screwing my sister," he said with a mixture of amusement and warning, leaving me stunned by the tangled web of secrets that had been unveiled.

Liliths pov

"Which brings me to my next point: you're screwing my sister," my jaw dropped in disbelief at Jake's accusation. "What are you talking about, Jake?" I tried to play dumb, even though deep down I knew exactly what he was referring to. The idea of Johnny and I becoming something more one day was lingering in my mind, unspoken yet present.

"Oh, come on, Lilith, he's seen the veins twice in 24 hours," Jake continued, his tone mixing amusement with a hint of concern. Being a cambion, my transformations were often triggered by intense emotions. "Okay, I get angry too," I retorted, trying to deflect the attention away from the real issue. Johnny, on the other hand, remained silent, his gaze fixed downward, lost in his thoughts.

"It's okay to be in shock," Jake interjected, trying to lighten the mood. The revelation of their shared knowledge stung, even though the comment wasn't directed at me. "All these years, Jake, and you didn't tell me," I remarked, a tinge of hurt seeping into my tone. Then, johnies focus shifted to me, his eyes searching for answers. "Is this where you go at night?" he asked, though there was a knowing look in his eyes that betrayed his question.

"I saw you coming home last night; your hair was black," he recounted, pointing out my nocturnal activities. "Damn caught red-handed," Jake chimed in, trying to inject some humor into the tense moment. "Shut up, Jake," both Johnny and I responded simultaneously, a shared moment of solidarity. Yet, when Johnny shot me a reassuring smile, it was like a lifeline in the midst of confusion and accusation.

"You're not mad?" I questioned tentatively, seeking validation. "God no," johny reassured, a chuckle escaping him. Although I didn't find the situation amusing, I decided to let it pass, focusing instead on the gravity of our shared heritage. "You're a freaking demon," Jake remarked casually, finding humor in our peculiar lineage. "Glad you find our satanic heritage funny," I countered, a hint of sarcasm in my voice.

"We've gotta throw a party," Jake suddenly suggested, shifting the conversation to a lighter topic, leaving the tense air hanging with the unspoken truths and unexplored emotions swirling between us.