Page 9

Johnies pov

Me and Lilith were busy preparing for the party together. She took her time doing her makeup and slipped into a stunning black sparkly dress. "Could you zip me up?" she asked, turning her back to me. As I zipped up her dress, I couldn't help but express, "You look so pretty, Lily. You know that, right?" There was a certain softness in my voice as I spoke. "Thanks, Johnie," she chuckled, her hand covering her mouth to hide a smile. "No, I mean it... you're beautiful," I tried to continue but was interrupted by Jake swinging the door open.

"Okay, I brought a few bottles, but the guests should bring some with them," Jake announced, his eyes widening as he took in Lilith's appearance. Lilith laughed and remarked, "That's exactly what we were discussing." The first guest arrived around 9 pm, and soon our house was bustling with people.

In the midst of the party, I found myself in the kitchen, mixing drinks for Lilith and me. Suddenly, commotion erupted from the living room. A loud, deep voice rang out, "Lilith, I know you're here. Where are you?" I immediately locked eyes with Jake, who went to handle the situation, while I went to search for Lilith. Eventually, I found her on the roof, holding a bottle of pink "liquid".

"Hey, Lil," I greeted her, sensing that she wasn't yet ready to address the unfolding drama. "He's here, isn't he?" she spoke with a sense of urgency that sent a shockwave through me. "You know that man," I pointed out. She shook her head in denial, explaining, "Jake had a vision." Frowning, she continued, "What does he want?" before pulling out her phone and quickly typing a message.

"I don't know. Jake was talking to him when I left," she said, then threw her phone into the pool from over the ledge, adding, "You didn't see that." With this unconventional act, it became apparent to me that this situation was beyond the ordinary. Uncertain, I asked Lilith, "Should I leave?" She responded affirmatively, "No, you'll fit right in." And with that assurance, I understood that the night was far from over.