page 10

"Hey lil-" I heard from over my shoulder. I recognized the voice as Johnie's; I could tell by the tone of his voice that he was in a panic. "He's here, isn't he?" I said, feeling a pang of concern. Johnie confirmed my suspicions with a nod and added, "Jake had a vision." In response, I swiftly pulled out my phone, already formulating a plan in my head. "What does he want?" I asked as I began to type a text to Jake, instructing him to be on the roof in five minutes. Jake's prompt reply with a thumbs-up signalized that the plan was set in motion.

Walking purposefully to the ledge, I casually tossed my phone into the pool, ensuring no unwanted eyes would track our movements. I chuckled at Johnie's startled expression but reassured him, "You'll fit right in." Handing him the bottle of pink, I planted a quick kiss on his cheek, emphasizing our facade of normalcy amid the imminent danger lurking below.

As Jake skillfully climbed up the pillar by the back window, Johnie remarked, "What stairs were too easy." "What does he want?" I yelled impatiently to Jake, eager to unravel the mystery. "He claims he's a friend of yours," Jake informed me, his tone dripping with skepticism.

With practiced precision, Jake and I readied ourselves for the impending confrontation. "Three... two... one," I muttered, signaling our synchronized action. The door swung open, and before the intruder could react, we swiftly immobilized him in a chair, securing him in place. "Who are you, and what do you want?" I demanded, my frustration evident. Veins bulging on Jake's forehead, he displayed a side of himself I rarely witnessed, his demeanor unmistakably primal.

Realizing the gravity of the situation, I addressed the captive, "We know you're a demon." Johnie's puzzled expression elicited a sly smile from me as I played along effortlessly. "We could sense it the moment you arrived," I lied convincingly, trying to maintain a facade for Johnie's benefit.

Dismissing our claims, the demon tried to taunt us, only to meet my swift retaliation in the form of a well-aimed kick to his midsection. "Freakin' demon chicks, always causing trouble," the hostage muttered under my breath, my patience waning as the tension in the room escalated.

Suddenly, a strange sensation overcame me, and I found myself transformed, my appearance mirroring a demon's true nature. The demon identified himself as Jordan, appearing taken aback by my unexpected change. "OKAY, OKAY," he exclaimed urgently, clearly rattled by the unforeseen turn of events. Chuckling at the surrealness of it all, I reassured him, "We don't want to harm you, Jordan, but we need answers. Tell us everything."*LATER THAT NIGHT

Later that night, under the soft glow of the dimly lit room, Jake's inquisitive whisper pierced the silence, "So why is Lucifer... THE LUCIFER after YOU?" His words carried a hint of snark, attempting to mask the underlying concern simmering in his voice. "I don't know," I responded, stealing a glance at Johnie sleeping peacefully on the couch. "And please, lower your voice; you might wake him," I added, my brows furrowing in worry. Jake's expression shifted, revealing a mix of apprehension and care. "Perhaps we should move upstairs," I suggested, to which he silently concurred. Ascending the stairs, we reached my bedroom, where Jake gently shut the door behind us. Collapsing onto the bed, I couldn't help but express my lingering doubt, "You don't think all of this has been too much for him, do you?" Ignoring my question, Jake strolled over to the window to steal a cautious glance outside. "What's wrong with you, Lilly? This isn't like you," he remarked, his voice tinged with genuine concern. "what" I probed, searching for clarity. "This heedless streak; you're usually so careful, Lilith, but lately, it's as if something has been pulling you away," he observed, his words laden with worry. Suddenly, the realization tumbled out of me like a secret long kept hidden, "I think I might be falling in love with him." Jake froze in surprise, a subtle smile dancing on his lips at the unexpected revelation. "Johnie," he exclaimed, i pivot on the bed and peeking cautiously towards the door whispering, "Shhh... he might overhear us."

Johnies pov

I woke up to find an unfamiliar man sitting at my feet on the couch, and I gently informed him, "Hey, the party's over." However, he seemed unfazed and simply said, "She loves you." Confused, I asked, "What?" To which he confidently replied, "You're Johnie, right? Of course, you are." Perplexed, I inquired, "And who are you, then?" With a hint of authority, he stated, "I'm her father."