Chapter-34: The Rivalry {2M Special}

Start from the beginning

"There will be no more discussion about this!" My grandfather gave the final call dismissing everyone sitting around the hall room. All the elders were present and Zain was my only cousin here because somehow getting married gets you old enough to be part of family decisions. However, I was pretty sure my cousins were listening to every word from above as the furnished walls echoed every word of our heated argument.

"No-" I defied, as all the eyes looked at me astounded by my disobedience. I was the spoiled kid of the family but I never had to go against my family for anything.

"If you guys don't come along, I'll go myself." I announced.

"You will go against your family for some girl?" My grandmother asked spitefully.

"She isn't just some girl, her name is Dua." I said calmly.

"You have to leave that girl." My mother interjected.

"I would rather leave this world than live in a world without her." I replied firmly silencing everyone.

"So you won't back out?" My father questioned with concern.

"Do whatever you want but don't expect us to be a part of your act but if you do anything that brings down this family's honor because of that girl then you can forget us." My grandfather gave the final call and everyone went quiet deciphering the meaning of his words. My mother looked at me with concern, I could almost hear her words in my head asking me not to do anything impulsive. For the first time in my life, I felt truly alone, abandoned by those who were supposed to have my back no matter what.

With that my grandfather turned around and left the hall followed by my grandmother and the rest. Only Zain stayed behind. "I'm going home but don't do anything without thinking yet. I don't have a good bond with them anymore but you do and I know that matters to you."

As Zain left, I went upstairs to my room. It was almost evening and as far as I had heard, Dua's date fixing event was taking place tomorrow. My mind was still swirling with conflicting emotions when a few minutes later Kabir and Ahaan entered.

"We heard everything." Kabir said.

"Azaan we know you have never gone against the family but you have to choose this time." Ahaan added.

"Dua's wedding is getting fixed tonight not tomorrow. You don't have time." Kabir said.

"Family is the most important thing in my life but Dua is my everything. If I lose her I'll lose everything." I admitted.

"All these years you didn't tell her the truth because you didn't want her to go against her family but what's the point if you have to go against yours now?" Kabir questioned making me rethink my decisions.

Her father didn't let me tell her the truth and I couldn't bear to destroy her trust in her father but what good was it when she wasn't happy. The last six years I believed she had moved on she was happy in her life, but the moment I realised she never gave up on us despite everything, I couldn't give up on her. If we were getting a second chance I was going to take it no matter what was at stake. It was time to tell her the truth and I'd respect whatever she decided after that. Taking a deep breath I stood up, "It's time to tell her the truth."

"Great. I'll ask Shayra to convince Dua to meet you." Kabir suggested to earn a glare from me and Ahaan.

"I'll give you 100 dollars if you can convince Shayra first." Ahaan bet.

"Dua wont listen to me I tried to talk to her since the last few days and her friends aren't helping either. Zain asked Alizeh too, to ask Dua but they won't budge." I answered.