Chapter.2( Shopping Spree)

Chapter 2: Shopping Spree
It was a pleasant evening when she came walking towards her car in her pencil heels, with a bag on her shoulder. The car belonged to Rohail, Haya's brother, but since he stayed in the US for pursuing his further education, it now belonged to Haya.

Haya was opening the car door when she saw Zara walking in. Zara and Haya were of the same age. Zara was stylish just like Haya. "I did not receive any mail" she said disappointedly. "Don't worry. You might receive it in a day or two. We both had applied it together. Since I got selected you will be selected too." Haya said encouragingly. " But the list that scholarship program coordinator put outside the office also does not have my name" Zara whined. " And mine?" Haya asked eagerly.

" Only your name from our department and Khadija Rana from Environmental Sciences. I think I really did not get selected." Haya sighed after she listened to Zara. She felt bad for her. "Where you going somewhere?" Zara asked happily. " Yes. I am going to the market with Irum.

It's Dawar bhai's mehendi function and I lost the heels that I have to wear with my lehenga. I think my maid stole them. Now I have to our chase a new pair. Want to join us?" She asked while leaning by her car door. She was wearing a long light blue shirt and chudidaar. She wore her dupatta by her neck which was of the same color and her long hair were open covering her back. She had smeared her eyes with kajal.. which was a must for her.

"Yes, let's leave quickly then." Zara replied. "We have to pick Irum" Haya reminded her. " Btw your Taya is so strict. Does he allow Irum to go with you for shopping?" Irum was their junior and also belonged to a different department. Zara was not really aware of her. " He is strict only when it comes to covering the head. Otherwise he is pretty good." She drove her car outside and stopped put side Irum's house. They were neighbors and their houses were separated by just a wall. Whenever she had to pick up Irum she would honk her car outside Irum's home and she would come out. She did the same today. As expected, in a while I rum came and sat in the car.

"Hello Haya, Hello Zara!" She chirped without any reservations and closed the door. Such outings with Haya always made her happy. " How are Irum? I hardly get to see you." Zara turned back and asked. " Your department is far maybe that's why. Oh yes, Haya was saying that you all got selected to visit Turkey" Irum inquired.

" Only Haya got selected. Didn't you apply? "

" Only if Abba (father) could allow!" Irum sighed sadly

" Parents shouldn't be so strict." Zara commented.

Haya side glanced her and wanted her to stop pitying Irum. But Zara did not notice as she was facing Irum.

"I don't know who abba is like. Is it easy to wear scarf in this hit weather? And he did not even allow me to wear half sleeves for tomorrow's function. Even Haya is wearing half sleeves. They look so good. But abba is just not like Sulaiman chacha" Zara lamented.

"Irum what do have to purchase today? I have to buy sandals" Haya asked suppressing her anger. She hated this complaining attitude of Irum so she tried diverting the topic.

" I have to buy bangles.. but they won't even look good on full sleeves." Irum was sulking ageing so she ignored her and switched on the cd player. Atif Aslam's song began playing in a loud volume so Irum had to keep quiet.

After reaching Jinnah supermarket Irum separated from them and went to purchase bangles while Zara and Haya headed towards Metro Shoes.

" The third one in golden color, please show us that" After a long time a high heel caught her attention.

"This one ma'am?" He kept the shoes in front of Haya. He was kneeling down while Haya and Zara were sitting on the couch.

" Shall I ? " he asked holding a heel in his hand and bringing it towards Haya's feet. "My hands are not broken, I can wear it by myself" Haya retorted.

" Yes sure , take it" he smiled holding it in such a way that no matter how Haya would take it, it would touch her hand. Haya noticed that and said dryly "Keep it, I will take it by myself. " The salesperson even troubled them while paying.. trying to touch her hand while paying the money. But Haya cleverly avoided.

" I felt like slapping that idiot with all the sandals in the shop.. don't know when the mentality of our men will change. They stare as if they have never seen a female species." Zara lamented.

" So don't dress up so much when going out, Bibi." They stood on the last step stunned. The lady was middle aged, wrapped in a long shawl and was slowly ascending upstairs glaring angrily at them.

" And people love preaching randomly. " Haya snorted. She would have said many more things but Zara pulled her away. At the very moment they saw Irum coming towards them. Her dupatta was now by her neck. She did not shop for anything and it looked like she had just came out for outing.

_____________________

Thank you!

Don't forget to vote 👇

[Make sure you read the next
Chapter!]