Chap.20(Solving Problem)

Chapter.20: Solving Problem

Haya leaned on the tree near the gate of the playground. She wore a long red A-line shirt and chudidaar pajama and on that a red stylish sweater whose sleeves reached her fingers and a brown stole on her shoulders. Her long hair fell on her back. In the mist and cold, her nose turned red and she was rubbing her hands for warmth.

Irum or Zara.....she did not inform anyone about this. She had to face this danger alone. Restlessly she moved her sleeve and took a look at the time in her watch. It was one minute to one. Just then a black, old Mercedes sped and halted right in front of her and like a statue there was a driver sitting in the front.

She quietly moved forward, pulled the backside door and sat down. The driver started the car as soon as she closed her door.

After one and half hours she reached the safehouse. It was surrounded by my white walls with a wooden chair and bench in the centre, on which she sat down. There was a telephone on the table Apart from this, the entire room was empty.

She curiously kept looking at her surroundings. There were walls on the three sides and on one wall was the door through which she came inside. However right in front of her there was a glass wall...more like a glass screen from ceiling to floor. Maybe this empty small room was a part of the big room in which they partitioned by using this glass screen.

She looked closely at the screen. The screen was completely frosted...it looked like someone used a machine to frost it. Behind the frosted glass was a vague image...and she could not picture it. Definitely this room was divided into two and the other side was rest of the room.

She could understand a vague picture.. The other side of the screen was a lavish office. And behind the office table there was someone sitting on the revolving chair. That person was facing Haya. The face was not visible but she could only figure out an outline. Khaki uniform, cap on the head, reclined on the chair, he was spinning something that was placed on the table with his fingers. She could not judge where he was looking. Though he was facing Haya and probably even looking at her but his eyes were not certain. Only one thing was certain.. on the left side of the unclear face of the officer there was a black mark, like half of his face was burnt.

The officer bent down and picked something from the table...could be the receiver of the phone.

"Trrrriiing...triiinnngg"

Suddenly the phone kept in front if Haya started ringing. She got startled. The phone was continuously ringing, that person was calling her? With a racing heart she picked up the receiver and placed it on her ears.

"Hello!"

"Assalam Alaikum Miss Haya Sulaiman! This is Major Ahmed." The same soft yet strong, deep yet beautiful voice.

"Walaikum as salaam!" Holding the phone in her hands she was constantly looking at the screen, behind which there was an officer sitting with a half burnt face...was he Major Ahmed?

"I hope we haven't troubled you."

"Ji.." she felt suffocated.

"In front of me the entire system is present in the laptop. I just have to click once and the entire video will be erased like it never existed."

Behind the screen she could analyse the officer also had a laptop placed in front of him..so was that Major Ahmed? But why wasn't he appearing in the front?

"And I have erased the video from every person that possessed it. Tell me Haya! Should I cick it?"

"But.....the report?"

"Assume it has been filed."

"But....you told that if I had to file....."

"I lied. To make an excuse. Sometimes excuses are made when all patience is lost. Understood?" She strongly gripped her phone, her hand was drenched in sweat. Why was this person speaking so strangely?

"Please click." She could hardly speak. That person bent..maybe to click a button and then moved back to sit.

"Done!"

"Oh, Thank you Major Ahmed." Her throat was drying up.

"Can I ask you one thing?"

"Yes?"

"Was this video fake?"

"No, it was real"

"So why were you so afraid?"

"Obviously this was a family video and we dont film the dance in our wedding videos."

"Why?" He was constantly questioning her.

"What do you mean by why? Wedding videos are circulated everywhere, does it look good if our dance is seen by strangers?"

"But strangers can watch live? I could see waiters, moviemakers and dj in the video, even they are strangers, right? I could not understand if dancing like that is alright then why were you flustered about the leaked video? Wether it is seen by waiters, movie makers, dj or men on the internet it is the same thing. And if you think this is wrong why did you even do it?"

"I am not answerable to you." She replied angrily so there was silence for a whlle.

__________________

Don't forget to vote 👇

Make sure you read the next chapter!