Chapter 57

Chapter 57: Do you consider following me? I will definitely make you better than silence...

"The market has been a lot deserted recently." The driver honked the horn twice, stretched his head out of the car window, and shouted to a few people in ragged clothes in the middle of the road, "Get out of here, don't be blocked. Here, you guys with white eyes?"

Ji Xia has been meeting such people on the street recently. He sat in the back seat and patted the driver's shoulder: "It's not easy for them either, so be polite to them. Pull over and stop. "

Little boss, do you want to get out of the car?" The driver turned around, somewhat reluctantly, "They have something dirty on them, and they escaped from the front line. Maybe..."

Ji Xia looked at him, his face darkened: "Stop the car." "

The car stopped by the side of the road, and those people happened to help him over. Ji Xia walked over and said, "Are you okay? He just said something unpleasant, so

don't take it to heart..." Ji Xia couldn't say any more. These people were sallow and thin. , unkempt, almost unsteady on his feet.

His eyes were red, and he took out a wad of money from his pocket and stuffed it into their hands: "You... go buy some delicious food. I don't have much with me. If you have any difficulties, you can come to Ji's house to find me."

The man in the lead almost said Taking it with trembling hands, he was about to kneel down: "Thank you, noble man... Thank you very much. Hurry, Lan Lan, kneel down for noble man..." "

Hey, don't, you don't have to do this..." Ji Xia quickly stopped them, "You guys are A family?"

"Yes," the man's voice was choked with sobs, "I originally had two sons, both in their twenties, but they were gone and the bodies were blown up..." "

Noble sir, you It's better to leave quickly. Yong'an City can't be stabilized. We came from Yuan Ping, which has already been captured. When Bei'an is broken again, Yong'an will be next, and we won't be able to escape even if we want to." "It's all my fault

. They, they surrendered without even fighting... Well..." The man quickly covered the little girl who was speaking in his arms, showing a smile that was uglier than crying, "Then... we will leave first, noble man, please take care of yourself. "

Ji Xia tightly grasped the peace charm that he had just gone up the mountain to ask for. It was not clear to him what they were talking about. Yuanping, Bei'an and Yong'an are three cities in one direction. If Bei'an has been hit, then the next one is indeed Yong'an, but Bei'an is easy to attack and difficult to defend, I'm afraid it will be faster.

But what Ji Xia fears most is not this, but that Shen Shen will go to the battlefield. According to the data, Shen Shen negotiated with the enemy in this battle and was sniped to death.

Ji Xia originally thought he had time. He had worked hard to run the Ji family for so many years and successfully monopolized the military's source of clothing and accommodation. He just hoped to use this as a bargaining chip to force the Chen family to keep silent.

But he didn't expect this war to come so quickly.

Ji Xia returned home almost in despair. The yard was filled with mahogany round tables. The dark green velvet tablecloth was almost hanging to the ground. Ji Tian bent down to adjust the arrangements of the vases on it. The servants were busy running in and out.

"You're back? Tomorrow is your coming-of-age ceremony. I picked out a few more clothes for you and put them on the table. You can go take a look."

Ji Xia nodded, remembering that Ji Tian couldn't see him with his back turned: " I understand, thank you dad."