4| Gemstone

"Thank you sir." Lloyd thanked the owner of the museum as they entered the Ninjago Museum.

"So we just have to wait until she gets here? Isn't this plan kind of you know..not our style?" Kai suggested as Nya turned to her older brother.

"We are here to protect the gemstone. Not for a 'Fashion Show'. If that vigilante gets the stone, who knows what would happen." She explained.

"Yeah- but why can't we just attack them before they get the gem? Or we should just find her and attack from there?"

Nya looked at her brother, sensing his dislike for the mysterious vigilante. The three Ninjas reached the room where the 'Gemstone' was located.

The ninjas were greeted with a clear box and in it is a shiny crystal clear gemstone. The spotlight shining onto the Gem making it shine like so many stars before it, its beauty is almost mesmerising. Nya on the other hand had never seen such beauty from a Gemstone.

"Wow. It's beautiful." The water ninja said as she walked closer to it, sensing a connection to the crystal clear gem.

"Careful Nya, we should keep our distance. We don't know what that gem could do to us." Lloyd warned.

"Remember what Zane said?"

-Flashback-

"You sneaked into the their hide out!?" Nya exclaimed as the rest of Ninja's looked at him, foreseen that Lloyd would pull such a move.

"Uhh yeah? But the place was quite nearly abandoned. I managed to get something from her." Lloyd handed out the hard drive, Nya examined it and immediately plugged the hard drive into her computer.

The screen of the computer began to pop pictures on it. The Son's Of Garmadon logo smacked right in the middle. Lloyd frowned as he looked at it. Nya began searching through the files only to find a gem or a diamond even.

"Why would she want this? It's just a jewelry." Nya proclaimed.

"That is not a jewelry, it is an ancient gem that was created by the oni centuries ago. There are only very few in existence." Zane explained.

"According to ancient time it has been said that those very gems posses a great power that can erase and manipulate minds. However in order to even hold that gem would be dangerous, only an oni could weld it with their bare hands."

"And what if they're not an oni? What will happen to them?" Cole asked in a serious tone.

Zane looked at the ninja with a concerned expression, "I am sorry my friends, but that is the only information I have based off the Gem."

Those very words Zane had stated left an impression on all of the Ninja. Nya began searching through on where the gem might be located.

"What about Wu? Wouldn't he know anything about it?" Kai suggested.

"The time would be tight if we ask now, she might be searching for the gem right now!" Jay exclaimed.

Nya chimed in as she turned to her computer , "Forget it, we'll ask him next time. But for now I think I know where the gem maybe located."

-

The moon had risen and darkness slowly emerges through the city. Zane scans the city for any activities while Cole kept an eye out for the masked vigilante. The more they waited, the more Cole felt an uncertainty.

"Ugh how long is this going to take." Jay whispered.

"I'm not sure but I suggest we keep waiting."Zane suggested, holding his bow and arrow.

"Agh, I feel like we should've asked Wu about the gem first. We might be going into this mission blindly." Cole muttered sheepishly.

Zane replied unfazed, "We'll ask him later but for now let's focus on the mission."

Jay sighed and walked towards the edge, opposite from where the two ninjas were as his back faced them. He looked around the city seeing its beautiful lights lit up the city and the sky full of stars, shining ever so effortlessly. He could never get enough of the beauty of this very city. When all of a sudden he saw something moved from one of the building's rooftops. He immediately looked up trying to find where that shadow had gone.

"Uhh..You guys saw that?" Jay asked as he took out his nunchucks. Sensing danger nearby.

In a flash something grabbed him from behind and pinned him down onto the ground, knocking him out in the process. The other two ninja heard a commotion and saw Jay on the ground. They ran towards him, checking on their lighting friend.

"Jay!? Are you alright?" Zane exclaimed while checking on his unconscious friend.

Cole stayed vigilant, taking out his weapon while pacing around his friends, protecting them. Cole looked around and saw the same shadow Jay had saw a few moments ago.

"Who's there!" Cole yells and heard a soft cling.

Cole tried to alert Lloyd using his communicator when suddenly he saw a butterfly shaped ninja star flew towards Zane, leaving a cut on his metal friend. Cole swiftly dodges the flying star as it landed onto the edge of the rooftop. His heart pounds as the adrenaline kicks in, clearly not expecting such manoeuvre.

"One heck of a throw.." Zane wiped his cheek as he then pulled out his bow and arrow and aimed exactly where the ninja star was thrown. Aiming directly at her.

As his arrow flew in an instant the shadow moves from its position, the two were not able to keep up with her speed. Cole stayed vigilant ready to defend. Zane eyeing the shadow is ready to hunt.

"Nice try, but I'm faster." The masked woman said as she stabbed Zane. Zane grunts feeling a sharp pain on his shoulder and pulled backwards Cole. Her chained weapon wrapping them up like mummy. She smirks underneath her mask.

Cole stared at her in the eye, "Who are you?What do you want with the Gemstone!?" He exclaimed while trying to break free.

She looked at him with her cold siren eyes, " I want answers. " Cole vision began blur and darken from the instant hit from her.

—-

________________________________

A/N:

This chapter seems longer then usual :p

What is the gemstone? And why would the vigilante want to the Gemstone so badly? Is for the buyer? Does she truly work for the sons of Garmadon? What answers is she looking for?

So stay tune to find out more!!

________________________________