50 - Clavary Battle

Bakugo watched the silver haired girl with a wary eye as he went about picking his team for the upcoming calvary battle. He wasn't sure why but she had always felt familiar to him. Sometimes he could feel Izumi's gaze but it wasn't spiteful or jealous like he had grown used too over the years. It felt sad for some odd reason.

"Alright that sounds good considering who we're up against."

"I don't think Izumi will be able to do that thing again for awhile, it must be exhausting to show such impressive manliness!"

"Kirishima!"

"A friend of yours?"

"Yeah everyone meet Hanata Sero, he's trying to move up to the Hero Course."

Icy-Hot's team was made from Four Eyes, and Creation Chick, and Earphone Chick. Not entirely what Bakugo was expecting but it still made sense considering what each member was able to do.

Izumi's team was the most interesting since Vampire Chick and Mini-Aizawa were nowhere to be found. Instead she was teamed up with Bird-Head, Kirby, and some pink haired girl who was carrying a briefcase.

Vampire Chick and Mini-Aizawa were paired with Kirby and Pikachu. However the group seemed to keep glaring holes into Bakugo which made him strangely agitated.

The last team he could feel a vague sense of danger from was the blonde guy who had challenged Izumi to a fight earlier in the week. He had a similar look in his eyes to Todoroki, a need to prove himself as the strongest. But instead of the violent rage swirling in the dual element wielder this was closer to simple arrogance.

His own team was made from Pinky, Spiky Hair, and a Tape Dispenser. However it was the perfect combination considering he was the rider.

"Alright here's the plan."

------

As soon as Midnight announced the beginning of the calvary battle the stadium erupted into cheers and shouts as the chaos began.

A massive glacier divided the arena in two and several teams were knocked out of the arena before they could even have a chance to battle it out.

Izumi clicked her tongue in annoyance as she felt twelve different people surround her. Todoroki's team in front, Bakugo's to the right, and Shinso's to the left. Without warning Shinso launched his capture tape at Izumi and signaled the start of the onslaught.

If she had known first place was going to be this troublesome Izumi would have settled for second or third. But there was no use complaining about it now.

Just as Izumi was about to establish a field of dominance she felt the connection to her quirk disappear and saw Toga smirking with crimson eyes.

"TOKOYAMI!"

"Go forth Dark Shadow!"

A blanket of darkness surrounded Izumi and allowed her to gain her quirk for a brief moment. From it she sensed both Bakugo and Todoroki launching attacks towards her. Without a moment to spare she created a crystallized blood blade just as the light from Bakugo's explosion caused Dark Shadow to retreat.

"Baby Number 13!"

Hatsume threw out a series of small orbs towards the glacier rapid advancing from their front. As soon as the orbs touched the glacier the ice broke into a rain of sparkling shards that exploded outward in every direction.

Yaoyorozu managed to create a shield that protected her team from the shockwave but Bakugo was blown off course. Luckily a strand of tape managed to reel him into safety before he was disqualified for touching the ground. Kaminari managed to create a barrier of electricity that destroyed all the glass shards it came into contact with.

"WHAT AN EXCITING START! TEAM TODOROKI SINGLE HANDEDLY TOOK OUT OVER HALD THE COMPETITION WHILE CONERING TEAM IZUMI. HOWEVER IT LOOKS LIKE TEAM SHINSO AND TEAM BAKUGO ARE ALSO AIMING FOR THE ONE MILLION POINTS FROM FIRST PLACE! HOW LONG WILL TEAM IZUMI MANAGE TO LAST AGAINST THESE THREE TEAMS?"

"Hatsume use 80 and 73!"

"Why 80?"

Izumi almost made the mistake of shouting out a question but quickly threw her sword towards Shinso with a smirk. However the crystal blood blade was broken from Kaminari's electric barrier.

"Get ready!"

Hatsume threw up a small cube into the air with a maniacal laugh and watched as it began to rain down metal spikes with enough force to create debris from the arena floor. However she wasn't finished and amidst the hail of metal spikes she sent up several disks that began to rain down lightning bolts that created a labyrinth of electrified rods that would shock anyone who got near.

Kaminari smirked as his team charged towards the electric rods. It was practically a feast for him everywhere he went.

Bakugo's team and Todoroki's team were pushed back and onto the defensive as they had no real way to get close. Todoroki had tried to make another glacier but the amount of electricity quickly destroyed anything he could make.

"Don't forget about me!"

Suddenly a flash of yellow appeared in front of Bakugo and he felt his headband slip away. On instinct he reached out towards the retreating figure only to be met with an explosion to the face.

"You sure have a strong quirk."

Neito Momona stood across from a recovering Bakugo with the second Place headband in his hand. Around his neck were the headbands from the rest of the teams that Todoroki had previously separated using his opening move.

With a quick glance to the scoreboard Bakugo realized that the smirking blonde in front of him was currently in 2nd place from accumulating almost every single other headband in the matter of a few minutes.

"Change of plans we're going after the smirking idiot."

"IN JUST A MATTER OF MINUTES TEAM MOMONA HAS MANAGED TO ACHIEVE SECOND PLACE! WHAT A TURN OF EVENTS AS THEY PUSH TEAM BAKUGO INTO 5TH PLACE BEHIND TEAM SHINSO!"

Kaminari smirked as he pushed through the field of electricity and became a living thunderbolt from the amount of electricity running through his body. He very carefully pooled all the electricity into his hands and feet, a pair of claws and boots forming around their respective parts.

"Dark Shadow!"

"It's no use!"

Kaminari tore through Dark Shadow however instead of meeting with Tokoyami he was met with a small glowing sphere.

"I hope you don't get torn apart in the process!"

A large white light swallowed Shinso's team following Hatsume's crazed laughter.