Eighteen

Animarum devinctis in perpetuum

  It was a strange feeling for Rosie to wake up in Tom's arms.

  It was like he could end her life at any moment, yet he would end anyone else's life if they were to disturb them. It was a fine line between toxic and charming.

  It was charming in Rosalie's case, or perhaps she was just blind.

  Time seemed to stop in those moments that Rosie could sit back and just admire Tom. Though she couldn't help but feel the gnawing feeling growing in her stomach that everything they had been building- trust- love- was all about to be shattered. Nothing was stable when Tom was involved.

  That was why it was so hard to love him- yet so easy to be in love with him.

  Eventually, Rosalie began squirming backwards trying to free herself of Tom's firm grip around her chest. He barely stirred, only moving his head to the slide slightly as Rose pushed out of his arms to sit on the side of his bed.

  She simply sat there for a moment and traced over her memories of last night. None of it had seemed real, the only things indicating it had been real was the low buzzing in her stomach, the bruises on her collar bones and, now, the soft movements of the man himself waking up behind her.

  Rosie didn't turn to face him when she began to realise he was waking up, she was frozen, unsure if it was all the same as it had been the night before. What happened to them now?

  It was only a few moments that Rosie was thinking these slowly depressing thoughts when she felt movement on the bed shifting under her. Tom sat up, catching sight of Rosie sitting on the edge of the bed, and moved behind her.

  His hands were on her in a moment again, tracing up her waist and on her stomach, Tom's head burrowed into her neck, beginning to place good morning kisses up and down her tender muscles.

  "Did you sleep well, love?" He asked, moving his face away from hers for a split moment, only to see for himself what she was thinking.

  Rosie smiled at the sudden attention, leaning back into his touch, she looked over his sleepy eyes and ruffled hair.

  "Perfectly, and you?" She smiled. Tom went back to kissing her neck, slowly making his way up to her cheek.

  "It was the best I've ever slept." He mumbled against her skin.

  Rosalie felt her head drop back and around, as Tom hugged her tighter from behind, inhaling every scent he could find on her. Something like this was addicting for both of them, having been so wrapped up in a persons soul.

  She looked down along Tom's strong and veiny arms, admiring every part of him. Her hands touched along until she stumbled over his watch, out of pure curiousity, she swivelled it around on his wrist and looked at the time.

"Tom, tell me your watch is wrong." Rosie felt her smile fade, though she tried to keep it up thinking they couldn't have possibly slept in for so long.

Tom gripped her tighter, the watch's face becoming more apparent to Rosalie in her comfort.

"Why would I wear a faulty watch, love?" He kissed her forehead, brushing away any loose hairs that invaded his ability to look over lovingly at her beautiful face.

  Rosalie slapped his arm away from her and stood up, breaking apart from Tom's touch, much to his disapproval and disappointment gaze. Her eyes popped from her own head as she looked back at Tom with completely opposite emotions. How could he be so calm when they had almost missed half of the first lesson of the day?