𝟬𝟬𝟰 || prince zuko's arrival

═════════ ☆•° °•☆ ═════════♯ ❝ YOU ARE THE AVATAR

♯ ❝ YOU ARE THE AVATAR.
CHAPTER FOUR ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ACT ONE ── water 🌊 ⁺⑅

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

            EVEN THE WIND KNEW WHAT SHE WAS FEELING. KNEW THE SADNESS SHE WAS EXPERICEING AFTER FINDING OUT WHAT HAD HAPPENED TO HER HOME. AND JUST LIKE THE WIND BLOWING THROUGH THE VILLAGE, THE SNOW WAS ALSO FALLING DOWN, CARESSING HER CHEEKS IN TEARS.

             She sat up on top of one of the many huts away from everyone, her head resting on Aang's shoulder who refused to leave her side, even if she wanted to be alone. He knew she needed comfort, and they both gave it to each other.

            They huddled up together in silence staring out at the vast waters, not saying anything knowing it was better to leave the issue at hand alone. She released a shaky breath feeling the chill of the wind, and closed her eyes for a few seconds, trying to not think about what happened to their home.

               However, the sound of incoming footsteps crunching in the snow broke the pair out of their trance, and heard the familiar soft voice of Katara, "Are you two okay?"

          (Y/N) didn't bother to lift her head up from Aang's shoulder, but felt him shift a bit to probably look at the waterbender, "A hundred years. All our friends, everyone we know..." He trailed off, throat becoming tight as he stared at his quiet sister, grasping her hand in his tightly, "they're all gone."

              Katara frowned a bit at the pair, understanding very well what they were going through, "Um, I'm sorry. Believe me, I know how hard it is to lose the people you love." She vents through a soft exhale, causing the other girls head to slowly rise up now.

             The best friends shared a small look with each other, Aang nodding his head for (Y/N) to jump down first from the hut. She leaps off of it to use her bending, it swirling around to ease her fall from that height, and landed safely on the snow in front of Katara, Aang following next.

              "When I was little, I didn't really understand the war until the firebenders came." Katara starts to explain to the duo, all of them walking through the village now towards the front entrance, "They destroyed everything in their path. Everything. Everyone."

             Flashbacks of what happened that night appeared in Karata's mind, making her face shift into a sadder one and shakes her head to get rid of them. (Y/N) watched her closely now frowning guilty, feeling how it was eating her alive from not being here for the people who needed the Avatar the most.