Chapter 13

Holly and Christmas giggled while they put up the St Patrick's Day decorations. "Didn't you tell me this is one of your favorite holidays?" Christmas teased her girlfriend.

"I did, yes. "

Brent and Franklin walked in just then. "Oh, hi," Franklin grinned and waved at them. "I promised Brent I would help decorate his room."

"Have fun," Christmas smiled and Holly playfully nudged her girlfriend.

Christmas' phone rang, startling her out of her playful mood. "Hello? Jeremy, slow down. I can't understand what you're saying. What? Okay, I'll be there as soon as I can."

As soon as Christmas hung up the phone, Holly knew something was up. "What's going on?"

"Parker. She fell and hit her head and is in the hospital right now. It's not looking good."

"Come on, I'll drive you to the hospital. I'll text Brent and Franklin to let them know once we've gotten there. It's going to be okay, my love."

"I want to believe that, but right now, I can't, Holly. I'm scared."

"I know, baby. "

Once they got there, they waited for a while for a doctor to come out and talk to them. They told them she had a brain bleed and it wasn't looking great.

"What are you saying, doctor?"

"There's no other way to say this but bluntly. I'm saying you may need to say your goodbyes. "

"May I see her?"

"Of course."

The sight of her sister lying on that hospital bed was nearly her undoing. "Parker, you need to wake up. I need you to wake up. Jeremy needs you."

Holly was watching from the doorway and wiped a tear from her eyes. She sent a text to both Brent and Franklin to let them know what was going on, and they said they'd get there as soon as they could.