Chapter 3

Holiday spent most of the next week helping Christmas look for her sister.

Christmas plopped down and buried her face in her hands.

"We're never going to find her, and it's almost Thanksgiving."

Without thinking, Holiday put her arm around Christmas and brought her to her chest. "We can't give up just yet. We're going to find her."

"How do you know?"

"I have a feeling and we need to keep the faith."

Christmas shook her head. "Why are you helping me? You don't even like me."

"That may be true, but you're hurting, and I don't want to add to your pain. I want to try and make things better for you."

Holiday hadned Christmas a tissue and Christmas stood up and wiped her eyes. "Maybe you're not as bad as I thought," Christmas smiled.

"I could have told you that. Hey, I don't think you should be alone for the holidays. You should come over for Thanksgiving."

Christmas promised she would and Holiday left. After Holiday left, she picked up the phone and called Hope.

"Hey, Chrissy. Any luck?"

"None whatsoever, but I do have Holiday helping me."

"The girl who's been bullying you? Why?"

"She hasn't been that bad. She's been rather pleasant."

"Just promise you'll be careful."

"Of course, I will but I did promise I'll go over for Thanksgiving."

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Hope tried to discourage her friend.

"Of course, I am and I promise I'll be okay."

"I'm holding you that," Hope said and hung up.