Chapter 8

On New Year's Eve, Christmas and Holiday spent it together. Christmas tried not to think of Parker, but it was hard no to.

Holly, grabbed Christmas and pulled her into her chest. "If you want to cry, it's okay. I'll hold you."

Christmas looked up into Holiday's eyes. "How did I find someone so kind?"

Holiday blushed. "You're kind, too, Chris. I hope you remember that."

They kissed.

"I'm not looking forward to take these decorations down tomorrow," Holiday changed the subject and Christmas giggled.

Christmas' phone lit up. It was a call from Hope.

"You should take it," Holiday suggested.

Christmas answered and went to her room.

"Are you okay?" Hope asked.

"Of course, I am. Are you?"

"I miss you, Christmas. You shouldn't be in that house with strange people. I'm sorry you spent Christmas with them when you could have spent it with me.

"Hope, these aren't strange people. These people are my friends and besides, Holiday and I are a couple now."

"Is that a good idea?"

"I want to know what's going on, Hope."

"What do you mean?"

"Ever since I've moved in with them, you always have something to say about my friends."

"It's just odd to me. You used to complain to me about how much you didn't like Holiday and now all of the sudden you're in a relationship with her?"

"I misjudged her, okay?"

"Or she's manipulating you into thinking that."

"Whoa, Holiday is not the kind of person!"

"You don't know her well enough to know what kind of person she is, Christmas. That's what I'm trying to get through to you."

"Hope, I'm ending this conversation. Besides, it's none of your bussiness. Happy new year," Christmas clicked off before Hope could say anything else.

"Everything okay?" Holiday asked.

"Everything's fine," Christmas reassured her girlfriend and kissed her.

Hours later, they held hands and watched the count down and kissed at midight.