A flicker of amusement danced in Asher's eyes as he leaned back in his seat, as if enjoying my display of defiance. "Very well, Luna Silverfang," he said, his voice tinged with a hint of mischief. "I've come to offer you an opportunity."

I arched an eyebrow, intrigued despite myself. "An opportunity for what?"

Asher's lips curled into a sly smile, his gaze locking with mine in a silent challenge. "An opportunity to embrace your true nature," he replied cryptically. "To join us and become part of something greater than yourself."

I frowned, the implications of his words sinking in. "You want me to join your pack?" I asked, my voice tinged with disbelief.

Asher nodded, his expression serious now. "Yes," he said simply. "I believe you have the potential to be a valuable asset to the Pack. But the choice is yours, Luna. I cannot force you to accept."

Before I could voice my decision, Asher leaned in closer, his gaze intense as he spoke with a sense of urgency that caught me off guard.

"Luna, I need you," he said, his voice low and earnest. "You're more than just a potential asset to the Pack. You're my mate."

His words hung in the air between us, heavy with implications that sent a shockwave of surprise rippling through me. Mate? The concept seemed surreal, impossible even. But as I searched Asher's eyes for any sign of deception, I saw only sincerity and conviction staring back at me.

Why me?" I blurted out, unable to contain the flood of questions bubbling within me. "Why choose me as your mate? There must be others who are more suited to the role."

Asher regarded me with a steady gaze, his expression unreadable as he weighed his words carefully. "It's not about suitability, Luna," he explained patiently. "It's about destiny. The bond between mates is a sacred connection that transcends logic and reason. And in you, I sense a kindred spirit, a soul that resonates with mine in ways I cannot fully explain."

His words struck a chord within me, stirring a strange mixture of awe and disbelief in the depths of my soul. Could it be true? Was I truly destined to be with Asher, bound to him by a bond that defied all logic and reason?

But even as I grappled with the implications of his confession, the insistent tug of hunger reminded me of the pressing needs of my human form. Frustration bubbled up inside me, mingling with the uncertainty that clouded my thoughts.

"I need to eat," I muttered under my breath, my frustration simmering just below the surface. "This isn't the time or the place for this conversation."

His words struck a chord within me, resonating with the part of myself that yearned for purpose and meaning. And yet, despite his assurances, a nagging sense of doubt lingered at the back of my mind, fueled in part by the gnawing hunger that clawed at my insides.

Before I could voice my concerns, Asher's expression shifted to one of concern, his gaze flickering briefly to the empty desks around us. "Luna, are you alright?" he asked, his voice tinged with genuine concern. "You seem... distracted."

I forced a tight-lipped smile, the pangs of hunger gnawing at my insides as I struggled to maintain my composure. "I'm fine," I replied, my voice strained with the effort of masking my discomfort. "Just... hungry, that's all."

Asher's brow furrowed with concern, his expression softening as he reached out to place a comforting hand on my shoulder. "Let me take you somewhere to eat," he offered, his tone gentle yet insistent. "You need to take care of yourself, Luna. And besides, we have much to discuss."

I hesitated for a moment, torn between my hunger and my reluctance to accept Asher's offer of assistance. But in the end, the persistent rumbling in my stomach won out, and I found myself nodding in reluctant agreement.

"Alright," I conceded, a sense of resignation settling over me. "But just this once."

With that, Asher led the way out of the classroom, leaving behind the weight of our unanswered questions.

As Asher and I stepped out of the classroom, we were met with an unexpected sight: the three alphas I had encountered earlier—Derrick, Jack, and Adrian—standing together in the hallway, their expressions a curious mix of anticipation and intrigue.

I felt a ripple of unease coursing through me at the sight of them, the memory of our earlier encounters still fresh in my mind. What could they possibly want from me now?

Derrick, the alpha with a stern demeanor, stepped forward first, his gaze fixed firmly on me. "Luna," he said, his voice tinged with a hint of authority. "We've been looking for you."

I exchanged a wary glance with Asher, unsure of how to respond to Derrick's sudden appearance. "What do you want?" I asked, my voice guarded.

Jack, the alpha who had shown me kindness in the classroom, stepped forward next, his expression softer than before. "We just want to talk," he said, his tone conciliatory. "To understand how this is possible....."

Adrian, the enigmatic alpha who had claimed to be my mate, remained silent, his golden eyes watching me with a mixture of curiosity and intensity. They were as confused as I was and we all needed answer but I needed food first. So we ended up walking to the cafeteria to get me some snack before the bell rings.