Chapter Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

"Yes, ma'am." Marion replied, putting her sketchpad and crayons back in her unicorn backpack.

"Christy? You coming along with us to the café?" Gia asked.

"Yeah, I'll meet you there in a few minutes." Christy replied.

"Okay." Gia said. "Let's go, Marion."

"Okay." Marion said, getting up, wearing her unicorn backpack on her back.

Gia and Marion gently holds each other's hands as they walks away.

⚜️⚜️

Later that day, Christy gathers the two brooms and puts them in the trunk of her classic orange Honda Civic hatchback car.

"Hello, Christiana." Persephone greeted her.

Christy turns around to look at the Elder Goddess of the Underworld. "Persephone? I knew I saw you. What do you want?"

"Your immortal soul." Persephone told her and grabs Christy's right arm, burning her with the mark of Persephone. 'P'

Christy grunts and falls on the ground, gently holding her right arm. "What did you do to me?"

Persephone crouched down to Christy with a sly grin. "Aurora made a deal with me. She gets Klaus exchange for your soul. So, instead of that Redheaded crazy bitch, Aurora, flaming out, you will flame out instead."

"So, Aurora transferred her Mark to me?"  Christy said.

"Yes, she did, so, cherish your family moments, may they be your last." Persephone told her with a menacing grin.

Persephone and Christy exchange tense looks at each other and Persephone disappears into a flame ball.

Christy gets up to her feet, becoming worried.

⚜️⚜️

FRENCH QUARTER CAFÈ

That afternoon, Gia, Christy and Marion are sitting at a table with plates of sandwiches.

"The sandwich is good." Marion said, eating on her ham and cheese sandwich.

"Glad you like it." Gia said.

Gia and Marion exchange small smiles at each other.

"Christy? You okay?" Gia asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Christy reassured Gia with a small smile.

Gia and Christy exchange small smiles at each other and they eat their sandwiches.

⚜️⚜️

MIKAELSON COMPOUND

After Gia and Marion went back home to their penthouse, Christy walks back inside the courtyard and sees Klaus, Elijah, Rebekah and Marcel.

"Hey, you guys." Christy greeted them with a small smile. "I didn't mean to interrupt what you guys were talking about."

"Oh, it was fine, I was just leaving." Rebekah said, and walks away. "You owe me a drink at Rousseau's."

"Sure." Christy said.

Rebekah and Christy exchange small smiles at each other and Rebekah walks away.

Klaus and Christy exchange looks at each other and she walks away.

⚜️⚜️

Outside at the balcony railing, Christy gently pulls off her leather jacket and gently rolls up her long sleeve on her right arm.

The Mark of Persephone is on her right inner forearm.

She gently soothes it with her fingertips, knowing how long she has before she flames out and goes to Marcalos's Underworld.

"Christy?" Klaus said at the balcony wall frame. "Are you alright?"

"I'm not." Christy replied, and shows him her Mark of Persephone.

"What the hell?" Klaus said, and walks up to her and gently holds her right forearm in his hand. "What happened?"

"Persephone visited me at the Temple of the Elder Gods and Goddess. She told me that Aurora made a deal with her." Christy told him.

"What deal?" Klaus asked.

"Aurora gets you and I take her place in the Underworld." Christy told him.

"And you have 24 hours before you flame out." Klaus realized. "But it's impossible. You're not deceased."

"Unless Marcalos or Persephone can transfer their mark onto someone else." Christy told him.

"I'm not gonna let this happen to you. There has to be another way." Klaus said.

"Klaus?" Christy said.

"I'm not gonna let you flame out and go to the Underworld. You don't deserve that." Klaus said.

"I know." Christy said. "What are we gonna do?"

"We'll figure something out, like always." Klaus told her and gently caress her cheek with his hand. "I'm not gonna let you go to the Underworld. Persephone will have to go through me to do so."

Klaus and Christy exchange concerned looks at each other and gently leans their foreheads on each other's.

Any Comment (s) ?
Any Vote (s) ?