Chapter 3: Sith and Apprentice

Start from the beginning

"Are we continuing with my training?" She asked, voice shaking with anxiety of merely being in his presence. The second Dooku opened his eyes all Lyra could feel was the overwhelming urge to run for the hills, but her entire body was frozen in fear.

"I wouldn't think of today as training, instead, it would do you good to think of this as a test."

"A—a test?" She's gone tears without a test, why one now?

"Yes. To help me determine your usefulness to this alliance, and as my student. To see if I've wasted my time with you." That word stuck out to Lyra, and it gave her extra fuel encouraging her to do good. It was what she truly wanted after all. It's all she wanted out of life, but she never stopped to think and realize how pathetically sad that is.

"What's the test?" She cautiously asked, careful not word anything wrongly and offend him and his dumb test.

"Show me what you've learned." Lyra stood there for a second, recapping the years she spent in this garden practicing her forms, trying to do what she could with the force even though it was incredibly challenging for her.

"You know I've been here since I was thirteen, right? We're gonna be here awhile." She responded hotly. Lyra regretted her words as Dooku turned on his light saber, holding it in his usual position at a 45 degree angle to his side with an unpleasant frown smudged on his face.

"Seriously? Can't I just lift a rock?" Lyra thought about it for a second, questioning whether she would be able to do even that. Maybe light saber combat would be an easier skill to prove mastery of than use of the force.

"Do I at least get my light saber too?" Dooku didn't move an inch. Lyra saw it attached to the other side of Dooku's belt. She was clearly pusses off by his lack of audible answers.

"No? Okay." Without wasting another second, Dooku lunged at her throat with his blade, Lyra shrieked and dive rolled out of the way toward the side. After getting to her feet she held her hand out, using every river of her being to try and bring her saber to her from his belt. She got embarrassed when Dooku noticed what she was doing and clutched her blade I'm his hand, activating it to use against her.

"Damn." She muttered to herself, getting to stand up tall, telling Dooku she wasn't backing down just yet; if at all. Dooku slowly reapproached her hand n the ball of his feet, Lyra noticed this and was able to anticipate his forward lunge to the left using her impeccable eyesight with her natural eyeballs, not the force.

"That's what you're mother gave you, not what I taught you." He growled going into his vicious swings she was barely managing to dodge. While leaping away from every other swing, Lyra came up with a plan to get her own saber back.

"Did I not learn to tuck and roll in this very garden?" She taunted. Dooku was getting angry, and she was indeed taught to use that to her advantage. It was clear since the beginning that Lyra was no match for a battle with Count Dooku, but with some luck she may just survive this.

Dooku charged her from across the garden, leaping elegantly into the air just t swoop down and swing the sabers across her middle section. Lura cried out as she fell backwards on the ground, a ginormous X mark on her stomach from where the two sabers scratched the surface of her skin. Dooku was not happy with her results so far.

"Years of training, and this depressing display is all you have to offer?" Lyra knelt her head over her knee as she pretended to cry.