Chapter 12: The Path of A Peacekeeping Soldier

Nova has proved herself a trustworthy ally through and through in Obi-Wan's eyes. He got her to open up and share her story. Nova told him and Cody in a private room, and she told them everything.

She spoke of her lonely childhood of always watching people pass wishing her luck, but never trying to unburden her as a young girl. She told them that one day she saw Separatist droids unloading crates of food, so she decided to snatch one. The snatching, however didn't stop there.

She told them of her plan to fly the Separatist ship she somehow managed to swipe to the nearest neutral system that would take pity on her. How the Republic thought she was a true enemy, and shot her down. Nova drew a blank after that.

She specifically stressed to them that during her time in her cell, all she wanted was to leave. She told them that when she attempted to escape, that was her only goal. Count Dooku was the one who approached her with the offer. She just wanted a home, Obi-Wan knew that, regardless of whether she verbalized the saddening thought or not.

Obi-Wan found her Sid rod the story concerning Christophsis quite unique. He felt sorry for how her voice cracked with emotion when she talked about seeing the close bond Anakin and Ahsoka already had, and how she wanted it. Obi-Wan had never felt a greater urge to grant her that desire.

Then she went into even more detail during her time on Pantora. Reliving those moments was what made up for all the pain she's been through until then. She told them how Pantora was where she truly felt at home, until coming here. Now she thought of this place as home too.

After Nova left the room, it left Obi-Wan and Cody to discuss.

"We should be able to pardon her of any charges the council brings up." Obi-Wan concluded from their conversation.

"Just mention her past with Dooku and watch the tears fall. I know they almost did for me." Cody had never felt such remorse for actions he didn't commit in his life. He wanted to take his General's light saber and stick it right in between Count Dooku's eyes.

"Any such luck getting Lyra to talk?" Cody had been trying since they left Ryloth.

"Girl's made of stone unless you bring up the old man. The trauma he caused Nova, it's obvious whatever he did with Lyra was ten times worse." Something was on the back of Cody's mind, always trying to force its way to the front.

"What is it?" Obi-Wan asked. No matter how many times it happened, Cody would never get used to him being able to do that.

"You remember what happened with Lyra on Ryloth during the creatures attack? Her freeze?" Obi-Wan nodded tentatively. Him and Cody seemed to bridge thoughts.

"Yes, I see what you mean. Nova was put through the ringer in a day. Imagine what Dooku could've done to her with multiple years." Cody tried his best not to. He already felt sorry enough for Nova, he didn't think there was any room left in his heart yet here comes Lyra's sob story. There were missing pieces, but enough core knowledge Nova provided them with it know it wouldn't be a tale of rainbows and sunshine.

"These kids need a break." Obi-Wan almost snorted, catching himself shortly before letting it slip out.

"That, Cody, is the largest understatement I've heard all day." Cody stood up and followed Obi-Wan out of his quarters.

"Just today, sir?" Obi-Wan scoffed.

"Yesterday, Waxer said Anakin seemed a little dramatic." Cody automatically nodded with understanding. The two often joked around about Anakin with each other, but there was never any hostile meaning behind it. Cody admired him as a good leader, and a great person. And, well everyone knew how Obi-Wan truly felt about Anakin.

Traitors To The HeartOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara