13 - Catching out

"The difference between genius and stupidity is: genius has its limits."
― Alexandre Dumas-fils

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧

"So wait, she knew your name?" Spencer questioned.

"I don't know how I could forget a face like hers," Derek remarked.

"You've been with so many girls that you can't remember all their names?"

"You surprised by that?" Soren asked as they walked to the conference room.

"This has never happened to me before."

"It hasn't happened to me before either," Spencer said.

"Well, it can't happen to you." Emily told him "You have an eidetic memory."

"Besides, you only got one name to remember." Derek teased him and Spencer fake laughed at his little comment.

They all took a seat at the table with JJ standing by the screen to inform them of the case.

"Ok. Six victims have been killed in a series of burglar/homicides all over central California." JJ informed "In order... Bakersfield, Fresno, chico, and, two nights ago, Alan and Brenda Paisley in Sacramento."

"Big area." Rossi commented, "Are we sure it's the same unsub?" He asked.

"His DNA was found in all the homes," JJ told him.

"They hadn't connected it because he crossed jurisdictional lines," Hotch said.

"The head of the Sacramento field office has established a multi-agency task force And he wants us to run the point," JJ spoke.

"Looks like we got a lot of investigators on this one," Derek remarked.

"We'll streamline it if we need to., Hotch stated.

"You should know that uh" JJ spoke "They've already named him the " highway 99 k*ller." we'll deal with that when we get there."

"We'll deal with that when we get there," Hotch stated.

"He targets 1 to 2-person households." JJ explained as Derek picked up a photo "He kills the victims while they sleep."

"Blunt force trauma with objects found at the home." Spencer said "Multiple bashes to the head."

"After he kills the victims, he ransacks the homes for valuables," JJ told them.

"Which is not unusual for a nighttime burglary-homicide." hotch noted "What's unique about this unsub is that after he kills them, Apparently he sits down to dinner in their homes. They found his DNA all over the food and the table."

"Are these burglaries that turned into homicides or homicides that turned into burglaries?" Rossi questioned.

"Between the two offenses, it seems the primary motivation is homicide." Derek said, "Otherwise, he would have just stolen the items and fled."

"But he stays there for hours. He eats their food, he tries on their clothes, he showers, he even sleeps in their beds." JJ said,

"It's like Goldilocks became a serial killer," Emily commented.

"They've got plenty of DNA, but they found no fingerprints."

"So, if he doesn't take the victim's cars how does he get there?" Soren questioned.