5 - Birthright

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
― Maya Angelou

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧

"Last night in Fredericksburg, a 20-year-old woman, Molly McCarthy, was abducted," JJ informed as they all sat around the table. "She's the third to go missing in the last 6 weeks. All disappeared from public places. No one's seen them since."

"Until now," Rossi remarked.

"A couple of days ago, body parts with cigarette burns were recovered from a national park which was once the site of the battle of Chancellorsville." Photos of the bodies were displayed. It looked like something straight out of a horror movie or one of those crime shows.

"Were they able to make an I. D.?" Hotch asked.

"It was the first victim, taken 6 weeks ago." JJ said, "Decomp indicated that she had been dead just over a week."

"So he likes spending time with them," Hotch commented.

Emily looked up at the screen and gestured to the photos of the woman's body parts "How'd she end up like that?" She asked.

"M. E. Found microscopic tool marks on the bone."

"I remember reading about a case like this in Spotsylvania County." Spencer told them "Similar markings on the bone."

"It was the winter of 1980, also Fredericksburg. 5 women, 16 to 24. Buried in pieces. Same markings. Same civil w*r b*ttlefield." JJ explained.

"k*lled the same time of year and left at the same dump site?" Rossi asked to which JJ nodded."It's like an anniversary," Derek commented.

"That case is still open," JJ said..

"Back then the victims were drug addicts and runaways," Spencer told them.

"If he spends that much time with them, there's a chance these 2 women could still be alive," Hotch stated.

"Wait. We think this could be the same k*ller?" Emily questioned, "That's a hell of a cooling-off period."

"Btk resurfaced after a 25-year hiatus," Derek commented.

"True, but he didn't k*ll anyone." Spencer said, "He only taunted the police."

JJ turned her back to the team and walked towards the screen.

"Marks on the bone and where he dumps them-- that's a very specific signature." Rossi said looking at the file "Hard to copycat details that were never made public."

"Garcia, check the M. O. Against girls missing in other states. It could explain the long absence." Hotch instructed.