Author's Note

Thank you so much for reading Farryn 😭 😭 It has been a wonderful journey creating this story and seeing so many people read it has been so amazing. My goal for 2024 was to finally share my writing with the public. I have been writing for so long but the fear of sharing it with the world paralyzed me in a sense. Now, four months after I published that first episode on December 23rd, here we are. I have another piece of work, a short story, being published in a Youth Magazine in less than a month too.

I'd like to dedicate this to Uncle IK and Mrs. D. Neither of them will see this (hopefully not, I would die of embarrassment!!!) It takes a special kind of teacher to take a diligent student and make them more than just a memorization machine. Thank you for giving me the most important skills I could ever need; courage and confidence.

Above all, Farryn is a story about 'Self'. We gate to admit this, but a lot of us do not have a true self, a true identity. We define ourselves by our possessions, by our knowledge, education, occupation, by our relationships. Farryn defines herself as an Older sister, and she clings to it so much that she never formed an identity for herself. She never learned to live life for herself; it was always for others. I hope that as Farryn built her identity and learned that there is something in herself to love, you also took away a similar message.

Over the next few weeks, I will probably be adding media to this chapter and a chapter at the beginning, with face claims and playlists and the like. For some reason, I'm only able to do all of it at the end. I'm happy to lay Farryn to rest but I will miss her and her story very dearly. Editing won't be for a while, not until at least May 2024. You can look forward to a new story (or two!!) sometime around then too! I won't give any hints, but I'll officially announce it on May 1st. I'm very excited!

Finally, I hope that my sneaky little trick to put more people on Mitski worked <3. On a serious note, I found it kind of eerie how well the two songs I picked for the last two chapters aligned with Farryn and her journey. I love her music man.

Thank you for reading! I'll be going off to have fun now since it's my birthday!!