One Side To Every Story (2020)

It's been almost a week since the incident at the hospital. I heard that June's mom went home about two days ago. I haven't reached out to anyone, I just been thinking about what Jalen said. What if he lied? I left without telling June bye that day, and I haven't answered any of her calls or texts. Maybe I should call her, try and clear things up. I wouldn't put it past Jalen to lie.

I called June several times and it went straight to voicemail. Is she mad at me? If what Jalen said is true, she had no right to be mad at me!

I decide to ride over to Junes, I pull into the driveway and get nervous. Just as I'm about to go up the steps, June comes out of her house. She slams the door and walks up to me.

"What are you doing here?! You have no right to be here, leave!" June says, pointing to my truck.

"June let me explain. Jalen-" I start to tell June everything, but she interrupts me.

"No Henry! I am sick of you blaming everything on Jalen, okay. You failed to be there for me! You left when my mom was in the hospital Henry. Anything could have happened and YOU WEREN'T THERE!" June says pushing me to my truck.

"June if you'd let me speak, I could be just as mad at you right now! Based on everything Jalen-" Again June interrupts me.

"Save it Henry! Okay, Just stop! Jalen told me already, he said that you went out there and started trying to pick a fight like you always do! Bringing up his dad Henry? Really?" June is still pushing me towards my truck.

"You know what June if you want to believe a guy like Jalen over me then fine! Be my guest! You don't have to worry about me anymore! I see where you stand." I say pushing her hands off my chest and turning around towards my truck.

"Why Henry? Why do you make me choose?" She says sitting down on her steps.

"I MAKE YOU CHOOSE? June I have been hanging out with the same people who have bullied me all throughout school for you. I've been watching Jalen and you become closer. But I made you choose? June for once in your life stop playing the victim okay! Get over yourself! I didn't make you choose! Jalen did, but you don't see that because you're becoming just like them!" I say turning around facing her.

"What are you talking about Henry? How did Jalen make me choose, he had no problem with you! You're the one always talking about him!" June says.

"He came to me in the hospital, did he tell you that? He probably did, and you and him probably talked about me. Isn't that what y'all do, y'all talk about  "love struck puppy dog Henry"? And here you are mad at me?" I laugh at her audacity.

June doesn't say anything, just looks at me in confusion. "Oh come on June, don't sit here and act like you don't know what I'm talking about. Jalen told me everything, if you didn't wanna be my friend anymore you could've just said that. I would've been fine with it... You know what actually, we're done here." I say, I turn headed for my truck.

"Henry-" Before she could finish her sentence I was gone.

I get home and see my dads car in the driveway. I can't deal with him today, he always has something to say about everything. I come in and accidentally slam the front door.

"Stop slamming doors Henry! What's the matter with you?" My dad yells from his recliner.

I walk right past him and go into my room, ¨Boy you can't hear?¨ He shouts out. I can hear my mom and him start talking, she always takes the heat for me.

I take out my phone and decide its best if I block June, every time we argue I always reach out. I can't this time, she drew the line in the sand. June has become a part of them, there was no room in her life for me.