-Chapter 24-

Mulai dari awal

In the end she chose to block him out and do the right thing. No matter what anyone same. If push came to shove, she knew her father would have given the money, just like she would. Her father was not a monster that Veer and Vivek made him to be. She wanted to go back home but the moment she opened the door she was shocked to see the snow. The whole driveway was blocked. The roads were packed with snow. There was no cleaning crew around. she shut the door before the could could seep in. The could breeze was freezing. She walked back inside. She had seen the weather warning but did not pay heed. If the forecast was to be believed the storm would last for four days. She could not stay inside for so long. She needed to go back to her father. He would be worried.

She reached for her phone to call him, but left a message instead. She did not want to wake him up in that odd hours. He was recovering from a heart attack. She wanted him to rest and recuperate. he was the only family she had left. She sat down in the couch and picked up Vikky photograph that was placed on the side table. The whole cottage was filled with  Vikky. She could see his smiling face everywhere. She caressed his face gently. Her father was not the only family she had, she had Vikky too.

She needed to convince her little boy that he had misunderstood her. If he took admission in NYCM he would be very close by. She was based in Texas but she could always change bases. They already had an office in NYC. She could work from there. If he agreed they could stay together. She would have to win his trust. She did not want him living on campus. She could give him so much more. Her child deserved the best in everything. Vivek could not give him that. She was glad she had something to offer that Vivek could not. She needed a edge over Vivek. Seventeen years of memories was not easy to compete with. She felt insecure. With every passing second, she was getting worked up. Hatred was hard to let go and so was the desire to have her child back. She wanted to walk inside and take Vikky and leave from there forever, but she could not do that.

Her child was grown up, she could not run away with him, the way Vivek did. She needed his consent. She did not know to get it. May be if he saw what she could offer him he would give her a chance. She could shower him with gifts. She could show him what he could have with her. She was making a mental list of things she could buy for him when she saw Vivek coming down from Vikky's room. She did not realize that he was awake. He looked tensed. She remembered with a  start that her child was sick. She was so overwhelmed by those letters that she had completely forgotten about Vikky's condition.

"Kaise hai woh aab?" 

Vivek looked up startled. he had forgotten that she was there.

"Bukar uatar raha hai. I think he will be fine." He walked to the kitchen and grabbed a pot. His head was killing him. He had go back to the room and give Vikky cold strips but he was drained. he had not eaten anything the day before and it was it was taking a toll on him. He was no good to Vikky sick. He needed to take care of himself first. 

He grabbed a couple of eggs and whipped up a quick omelets. Since she was there in his kitchen he set a plate for her and gestured her to sit. He pored coffee in two cups and sat down to eat.

"Waha Vikky itna bemar hai aur tumhe khane ke pade hai, Vivek? How can you sit here and eat when my child is suffering. How can you....."

"My child needs me now, Khushi. I need to stay healthy to be of any use to him" Vivek's eyes glinted. He would not have reacted if he was not so exhausted. Khushi was pushing him at the wrong time.

"Sit and eat" He spoke coldly. "If you fall sick now, I cannot handle it."

"I do not need a man to handle me, Vivek. A man like you can never handle me. You are a bloody nobody...."

"Can you turn off the tape recorder woman?" Vivek put the fork down and glared at her, "I know you hate me, I noted it. Now can we not repeat it again and again. I know you are worried about Vikky, but taking it out on me will not make him better. If you need a punching back khushi, we have a very good one in Vikky's room. Use it. I am not ones punching back. Not even yours"