Chapter 4

It had been three days since Joel's another breakdown. The entire packhouse was busy and concerned about his health.

Dominic had put him under special supervision of the doctor. He paid Colton a huge sum of money and insisted him to stay there. The doctor was not revealing anything on Joel's request and Dominic did not want to argue with Joel and worsen his health.

Colton took this to his advantage. Everyone was too busy to care about his whereabouts. So he managed to slip out off the packhouse and went deep into the forest. There was a man who helped people forge fake identities. The man lived quite an isolated life away from the pack and seldom attended any pack meetings or parties. His main customers were teen wolves.They usually made fake IDs to enter parties but Colton needed something more than that.

He approached the shop. A tall dark man was cutting some woods. He sensed Colton's presence and asked the reason for his arrival.

"I need you to make me fake passport and ID. All my necessary documents should have this name. Will you be able to do it?", Colton asked.

"Are you questioning my skills,kid? I can make these documents as real as the original ones might look.",the man boasted.

"Fine. I want them done by this weekend.", Colton said.

"This weekend?! So many documents withing three days?", the man asked.

"I will pay you an extra amount so please try to get it done by this weekend.", Colton pleaded.

"Fine kid. But you have to pay a huge price."

"I will pay you as much you want. Just make me those documents.", Colton insisted.

"Okay. What fake name do you want to use?", he asked.

"Nelson Powell"

"Well then so be it."

"Also um...uh can you...can you book me a flight?", Colton asked, sheepishly.

"Are you trying to flee?", he asked.

"Isn't it obvious?", Colton asked.

The man sighed. "Do you really want to leave the pack?",he asked.

"I don't have anyone to stay there for. It's a nightmare livin' in there.", Colton replied.

"Tell me about it.", the man said.

"Wait? Did they beat you up as well??", Colton was now curious.

"No..no they didn't. They played with my trust, my honesty. That Alpha...let's say he's not a good man. I tried telling everyone but no one believed me. Soon the Alpha turned everyone against me and here I am... an outcast.", the man said.

"I believe you... they did the same to me..", Colton said.

"Why what did you do that ticked them off?", the man asked.

"Exist.", Colton replied.

"What?"

"My father was executed as he was accused of killing my mother and the Luna. After that they all tagged me as the murderer as well and shunned me from the pack. They would ridicule me and toss me over like dirt...",Colton narrated.

The man dropped his axe and looked at Colton, wide eyed, as if he had seen a ghost.

"You..you what's your name?", he asked.

"Why?"

"Just tell me your name!"

"It's Colton...."

"Full name.", the man was getting impatient.

"Colton Reed."

"R...Reed?",the man's facial expression softened as he ran towards the boy and embraced him into a bone crushing hug.

"I thought he killed every last of you... how did you make it out alive??",the man asked.

"I... I don't understand...kill every last of us...what?"

"Does anyone know you are here?", the man asked.

"No not yet. I sneaked out as everyone's too busy with the Alpha's son.", Colton.

"Come inside.", the man motioned him to follow him to his room. Inside the tiny hut, they took a seat on his bed. The room was full of papers and devices. Photos hanging on a string from one end of the room to another.

"I am Wyatt Howell, your father's bestfriend. I used to be one of the pack warriors. Me and your father were really close."

"You know my dad?!"

"Yes I know, Carson! He was one of the pack doctors himself. Whatever shit you've heard about your dad is all wrong. He is feeding you with lies. Carson was very loyal to the pack. He was good friends with the Luna,and so was your mother, Tara. Dominic killed them all...."

"Why?! Why would he do this to us? Why his own wife??", Colton asked.

"It wouldn't be safe to tell it to you here. You father had recorded all the incidents in some tapes before his execution. I tried to find those tapes to prove to everyone what kind of person Dominic is but I was too late.  He threatened to kill my daughter if I didn't leave, so I had to leave.", Wyatt said.

"Where is she now?", Colton asked.

"Somewhere safe. You need to go there as well. If he kept you alive then he must be planning something big. You need to get out of here. I will book you a ticket to Cloverdale. You have to leave asap!", Wyatt said as he started fiddling with one of his devices.

"The tapes you mentioned do you know where those could be...?', Colton asked.

"I don't know. He kept those in a wooden box somewhere safe.", Wyatt said.

Colton's face lit up. "I know where those are!", he exclamied.

Wyatt got of his chair and held onto Charlie, "You do? Where is it now?"

"It was the last thing he left me before leaving! I couldn't hear the tapes as I didn't have any device on me. God I thought that they had left some memories from my childhood in those tapes but damn it's much bigger now! The tapes are now in one of the rooms of the packhouse.", Colton said.

"The... the packhouse?!", Wyatt asked.

"Yes why....oh no!"

"You need to get them now before Dominic gets to them! Bring all your things here by midnight! I will get you a ride and an identity.", Wyatt said.

Colton hurried back to the packhouse.

"Where were you?", he heard a hoarse voice call out to him. His blood ran cold as he recognized the voice. He was panting from sprinting through a long distance.

"I.. I was at the fields. Joel's condition worsened after seeing me so I decided to let the pack members handle it.", Colton said.

Dominic didn't seem to be buying it but he nodded. "Why were you running?", he asked.

"I sensed his distressed pheromones and wanted to see him.", Colton replied. Dominic seemed to be buying this one. Joel was indeed distressed and it was logical for wolves to sense their mates. "He's fine now. You can go visit him in the evening.", Dominic said. "Thank you."

Colton sped walk to his assigned room and locked the door. He opened the wardrobe and took out the box. To his relief, all his things were untouched and the tapes were still there.

<I hope you guys are enjoying it so far. It is a fast paced story. I hope you guys enjoy it!>