Chapter 1

Blood trickled down his fingers as he slowly limped his way back to his room. Colton, one of the omegas of the pack was hated by the entire pack. His mother and the Luna were said to have been killed by his father in a cold winter's night while they were coming back from a trip. His father had been executed on spot. Since Colton was just seven years old, they couldn't kill him. But never once in these coming ten years did they forget to remind him that his father was a murderer and he was deemed to be one as well.

Colton's life had been a living hell ever since he turned twelve. People had just been indifferent to him since the incident. But ever since he turned twelve, the children at his school would openly bully him, one of the main perpetrators being the Alpha's son, Joel. He always blamed Colton's entire family for his mother's death. The teachers and other elders would watch Colton in his state of misery with a grin spread across their face. Colton was tagged as nothing more than a weak omega and a murderer's son. He was still too young to understand any of it and suffered in silence.

Colton was currently returning from the school with cuts and bruises spread all over his body. Joel and his friends had again beat him up.He had dark spots under his eyes and his eyes were devoid of any emotion. He had a black eye on his left. The Alpha was kind  enough to offer him a room in the pack house. More like the basement. He was shifted from the servants' quarter as not even the servants wanted to be near him.

He trudged his way to the basement and settled in a corner. The basement was cold, really cold. He covered himself with a torn quilt as he shivered and trembled in pain. Tears escaped his eyes as he crouched on the floor and covered his face. Ten years of hell, all he wanted to do was escape this place. That night he slept there without having any meal.

The next morning he was woken up by a random servant screaming at his face.

"Wake up mutt! You have a lot of things to do today! Don't you remember what day it is today?"

Colton rubbed his face and sat up on the floor. The servant threw a piece of bread at him and asked him to tidy up. He quickly realised that the hustle and bustle in the pack house was due to the Alpha's son's birthday. Today he would turn seventeen and find his mate.

Mate. A word Colton dreaded the most. He feared having a mate from his pack. He knew that his mate would reject him immediately if they belonged to his pack. The thought of getting rejected made his wolf, Connell whimper in fear.

"Hey it'll be okay. We'll get through this day as well. Trust me...", Colton mindlinked his wolf.

"For how long will they misunderstand us! We do not deserve this.....", Connell replied.

"If Karma is a real thing, then everyone will face their consequences." , Colton said bitterly.

"Why can't we just run away?", Connell asked.

"And become a rogue?! We wouldn't even survive a day!"

"We are barely surviving a day. What are the odds?"

"Don't you want to meet our mate?", Colton asked. Connell's mood lit up at the mention of their mate. He was more than excited to meet his mate. He knew that given the history, their chances of getting rejected was high. But he still longed for someone who would care for both of them.

"You shouldn't bring it up. You know how much I wanna meet our mate!"

"I know..I know... let's keep fighting for him....or her... whatever fate has coming for us.",Colton sighed.

"Hmm"

"Where the hell are you, Mutt?! How dare you slack off from your chores?!", someone yelled out.

"Here we go again.", Connell said in annoyance.

Colton cut off their mindlink and hurried towards the voice.

"I am sorry Ms. Payne. I will start putting up the decorations immediately." , Colton aplogised and scurried away after picking the box of decorations.

He climbed up a ladder and was putting up the decorations in the hallway, when a wave of sweet smell of caramel hit him. His mind was going blank with the strength smell as he fell to the floor. He didn't feel the floor touch him. Instead he fell hands wrapped around him. He looked up to see that he was lying on Joel, the Alpha's son. As soon as their eyes met his wolf screamed Mate.

Before Colton could react, Joel pushed him roughly towards his sight and jolted up. He scrunched his face in disgust as he looked at Colton.

"The Moon Goddess must be fucking with me! How did I end up with a mutt, a reject like you?!", Joel blared in anger.

"I-I am sorry...please don't....", Colton cried in pain, realizing what was about to happen.

"I, Joel Hudson, the future Alpha of Crimson Eclipse pack reject you, Colton Reed."

Every word felt like a thousand daggers to his heart. Colton knew this day would come but yet nothing could prepare his heart for this. His wolf howled in pain. His head started to throb due to his wolf's cries of pain. Joel's wolf, Leo cried for his mate too but Joel decided to ignore them both.

"Say that you accept it! Say it!", Joel demanded as he held onto Colton's neck.

"Please...please don't make me do this...please...I will die.....", Colton sobbed.

"You deserve to die. You took my mother away from me and yet my father was kind enough to shelter you. Your mother was a good person so we kept you alive. But not anymore! Either you say it or I kill you right here!", Joel spat at him.

"..I..I, Colton Reed, accept your rejection...."

With that Joel let him go. Colton fell to the ground as a blinding pain hit him in the head. His wolf was sobbing....no screaming for help. It was screeching in pain. Joel felt the same as his legs felt weak and he fell to the floor as he clutched his hairs in anguish. Both their wolves were howling for each other. Soon, Colton felt a small relief as darkness swept over him.