Chapter 3

Colton was escorted to Joel's room. He was pacing around the room. As soon as he realised the presence of few other people in his room, he looked up at them. His face twisted in pain at the sight of Colton. His wolf kept on howling even more louder and he fell to the floor. The servant accompanying Colton ran towards Joel, while Colton kept on watching everything. He had not a inch of pity for the person suffering in front of him. On the contrary, it made him feel really good.

Soon many servants were alerted and the pack doctor was called. Colton was pushed towards the side by the new forming crowd. Everyone seemed distressed. The pack doctor injected Joel with a sedative and put him to sleep.

Colton left the room after seeing the course of events. The sight of his perpetrator suffering, each and every minute of his life was quite satisfying and he wouldn't do anything to elevate his condition. He loved how the things played out for him. But he wasn't done yet. This was the beginning of the end...their end.

He was soon caught by one of the servants who gave him a room of his own. The room was six times the size of that one corner in the basement where he barely used to survive. Ironically, it was the same servant who had bad-mouthed him the day all these events had started.

"Here are your things....Reed.", she let out the last word, full of spite.

"Thank you."

She bowed and left. He didn't own much things. Two to three pairs of pants, a few t-shirts and a huge box of all the things his parents had left for him. It consisted of some tapes, an album and a few toys he used to play with, as kids. He couldn't play those tapes as he had no device. He didn't even have a phone.

He took the box and was about to place it in the wardrobe. There he found a line of dresses, hanging at the top shelf, all neatly tugged to a hanger. All were of different colours and designs. So much better than the rags he has to dress himself into everyday.

He went to the bathroom and took a nice hot shower. This feeling of warmth and luxury was all so new to him. It was so much better than that cold isolated corner. But he couldn't let this fool him. At the end of the day it was all done at the sake of someone who mattered more than him.

After taking a shower, he put on the new clothes that were left on the bed for him. He was about to open the door, when he heard a few murmurs.

"Now that the Alpha is personally treating him with all these meals and clothes, he thinks he is above all of us."

"Wait till young master gets better. He will again be thrown to the corner and we will get a new Luna."

"Let's hope that the doctor finds an early cure so that we don't have to deal with that mutt for long."

"His entire family is cursed. First his father kills our Luna now he his trying to kill her son. Ruthless."

"Tell me about it."

Colton didn't want to hear it anymore. It was only logical for them to act that way. He really didn't expect them to act nice all out of the blue. He knew that they had an ulterior motive and he was just a pawn. Once used he would be tossed right away. But he was not going to let that happen. He was going to take revenge for on behalf of each and everyone he had lost. He heard some footsteps approach him. He hastened back to his bed and sat there drying his hair.

Two servants entered his room. "Alpha has specifically requested this meal for you. Later he wants to talk to you.", one of them said. Colton nodded. They served him his meal on the table across the bed and left. It was the first time Colton had seen such a grand meal. He quickly dug in, savoring every bit of it. Once he was done he washed his face and went to the Alpha's chamber, following the instructions the servant had earlier gave to him. He knocked at the door of the Alpha's office.